Thirty something dreaming of not paying mortgage

Options

Comments

• kaycastle
    kaycastle Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I set up the monthly £1000 overpayments. First one in june :) this is so exciting.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is exciting. Remember to have fun and make memories along the way.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • kaycastle
    Options
    Thank you :) we're working on our little bucket list which has been fun. 
    Right my to-do list this week is:
    • Downgrade the 123 account as its definitely not going to make its money back now
    • Repot my basil plant 
    • Work out how I'm going to protect my young cucumber and tomato plants from the wind before I put them outside...our garden seems to have turned into a wind tunnel this year
    • Work on bucket list
    • Review savings accounts and organise them according to this structure: Emergency fund pot, Holiday fund pot. I think I'm going to let any extra build up in my current account as that does way more interest than any savings account I can see and it will only be a little bit leftover each month now.
    • Make sure all my spreadsheet reflects the last few pages of planning  and tidy them up :D They became a mess while sorting this out
    • Stare at the pictures in the Nerdy Farm Wife's book on homemade products. It just arrived and I can't wait to try things out from it - I've been reading her blog for ages so when I saw she was bringing a book out I had to get it. Really good value. Over 300 pages and it just looks brilliant. I love making soaps and things. Even though I'm not very good at it, this is one of the hobbys I plan to get a lot better at in life :D
  • Mortgagefreegonnabe
    Options
    That sounds really good fun! I'm envious of people who are creative but it has just never been me. What's on your bucket list? 
    Jan update
    2021 MFW #39  £228.76/£5000 
    Current mortgage @ 1/2/2021  £94 900.00 
    Mortgage end date Jan 2041. Current OP end date March 2039. Target June 2027.
    2021 Personal savings £1 803.25/£5 880
    2021 Personal Freetrade shares £102.81 (putting £50 per month in - love it!).
    2021 Joint sinking fund £36.83/£500
    2021 Summer holiday fund £330.35/£1350
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I went a bit cross-eyed and foolishly thought that was the bucket list for a minute - until I got to "Work on bucket list" 😂!
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • kaycastle
    edited 21 May 2020 at 7:52AM
    Options
    I went a bit cross-eyed and foolishly thought that was the bucket list for a minute - until I got to "Work on bucket list" 😂!
    Hahaha you must have thought you found the most boring person ever for a moment!!!
    So far on bucket list I have:
    - Trip to Hawaii
    - Trip to New Zealand
    But I will hold off on sharing much more as I think it will grow a lot this weekend. 

EDIT:
    @South_coast
    At least it would have been a super cheap bucket list and I could have spent even more on OPs!!
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well I did think you were setting the bar a bit low....😂!
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • kaycastle
    Options
    hehehe :)
    My to-do list is coming along, not bad as been working too. I also have finished requesting refunds for cancelled holidays/flights. I've made good progress with the outstanding ones as well, just want a bit more time tidying up my spreadsheet and completing my plans. 
    • Downgrade the 123 account as its definitely not going to make its money back now
    • Repot my basil plant 
    • Work out how I'm going to protect my young cucumber and tomato plants from the wind before I put them outside...our garden seems to have turned into a wind tunnel this year  - I'm going to put them in a slightly covered greenhouse-like area round the side.... going to work on this at the weekend
    • Work on bucket list
    • Review savings accounts and organise them according to this structure: Emergency fund pot, Holiday fund pot and extras
    • Make sure all my spreadsheet reflects the last few pages of planning  and tidy them up D 
    • Read Nerdy Farm wife's soap making book/making plans for making things. 
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kaycastle said:
    hehehe :)
    My to-do list is coming along, not bad as been working too. I also have finished requesting refunds for cancelled holidays/flights. I've made good progress with the outstanding ones as well, just want a bit more time tidying up my spreadsheet and completing my plans. 
    • Repot my basil plant 
    • Work out how I'm going to protect my young cucumber and tomato plants from the wind before I put them outside...our garden seems to have turned into a wind tunnel this year  - I'm going to put them in a slightly covered greenhouse-like area round the side.... going to work on this at the weekend
    • Work on bucket list
    • Review savings accounts and organise them according to this structure: Emergency fund pot, Holiday fund pot and extras
    • Make sure all my spreadsheet reflects the last few pages of planning  and tidy them up D 
    • Read Nerdy Farm wife's soap making book/making plans for making things. 
    Glad to see you are making progress on your bucket list  ;)
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills