Thirty something dreaming of not paying mortgage

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hope work has got better for you! I do the same thing quite often :smiley:
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • kaycastle
    kaycastle Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It has been a bit better - or more I've calmed myself to it. 
    I feel really lucky to WFH as well as I'm quite introvert so its quite relaxing compared to the office. I'm very excited about some of the discussions at work about WFH as much as you want and only going in once/twice a week. I just love not commuting for hours and feel like it will save lots of money on clothes in the future as won't need as many office outfits.

Payday soon and of course my next £1000 overpayment isn't far away. This month seems to have flown by. Tomato plants are looking healthy and have a couple of courgette plants now. Salad leaves are getting bigger and I have a sunflower as well which makes me happy :)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have been enjoying OH working from home. All his colleagues have been enjoying the advantages, no commute time, no commuting costs, less need for office wear. We are hoping that the business goes over to predominantly home based working in the future, fingers crossed.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • LeighofMar
    LeighofMar Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That's wonderful about your work allowing WFH on a more permanent basis. Congratulations. I have been WFH for 18 years now and could never go back to an office. I also love walking in my garden first thing in the morning with my coffee or sitting on the back deck listening to the birds before work. Such a calming way to start the day.
    Mortgage start date Dec 2015 - $64,655.00
    Mortgage end date Dec 2045 - NOT!!!!
    Mortgage balance  - $4600.00
    Business Savings $43,310/100k
    Hope to be mortgage-free by end of 2023 
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Kaycastle I’m the same.We only replace when things have broken. My slow cooker is 36 years old. That’s the oldest electrical appliance. When we got our new tv about 10 years ago they were a lot more expensive. Enjoy your new tv xx
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enjoy the new TV!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy your new TV.  I'm also one for keeping appliances (who am I kidding, everything!) as long as it works.  I even rescued a monitor, keyboard, mouse and docking station from my old workplace that was getting thrown away (I did pay a nominal £1 for it all with approval from the Director of Finance).  There was nothing wrong with it, it was just 3 years old at the time and they were refreshing all the kit.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • kaycastle
    Options
    Hi All,
    It's been a while :) I've had a summer of cycling and relaxing.
    Work still stressful but I'm plodding along and thankful to have a job. Putting the money to good use. We got a kitten which has been amazing, I love her and nurturing.
    I've kept up with the 1000 overpayments which means we will be under the 200k mark in october which feels fantastic. Wfh saves tons of money. 
    I've got about 14k in savings too.  I think about 15k in pension. One more year and I'll be 30. 
    Not sure what else I can do really apart from continue to work, save and pay off the mortgage.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback