🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andyt8 wrote: »
    Seems Ulster Bank's e-savings (or esavings) account has been withdrawn to new savers.

Their "Loyalty Saver" is still available:

http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings.html
    Loyalty Saver

0.01% for balances between £1-£49,999

:rotfl:
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2017 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Looks like Bank of Cyprus are about to pull their 1.35% rate. Moneyfacts and Savings Champion are now showing the new offer will be 1.25%.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    Looks like Bank of Cyprus are about to pull their 1.35% rate. Moneyfacts and Savings Champion are now showing the new offer will be 1.25%.

Does anyone know whether account applications processed online are instant ? - If I apply now will I still get the 1.35% rate ?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco Internet saver will be 1.35% from 1 December
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    18cc wrote: »

Thanks! - That looks like it might be the one to beat.
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Thought i'd share in case it's of help to others...

I had a old online BM savings account on which the bonus had dropped off, I just phoned them (01902428311 - 8am>8pm) and got it re-designated to the latest issue.

It's easier than going through the whole online application process again - and you get to keep your existing BM savings account number.

(apologies if it's already been mentioned elsewhere in this thread) :)
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • claire07
    Options
    Wish I'd kept mine open so I could do that but I closed it last year. I opened the new one on 2 November and still not had login details or activation code (they wouldn't let me use my existing details). I sent cheque 10 days ago and still not been cashed.

Each time I ring I get told they have been swamped and it will be another 7/10 days. So I got fed up and opened the Charter Savings Internet Saver in about 5 minutes and it is immediately up and running.

If the BM one is actually functioning this side of Christmas I'll be inclined to close it straight away!
  • uptdale
    uptdale Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2017 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Places like Paragon, Aldermore, Charter Saving, Bank of Cypress all offer attractive rates, but seems some get poor customer feed back on the web
    Paragon seems pretty efficient - easy to set up and pay in money online.

Charter Savings Bank I'm less happy about. They are very picky about which accounts you can transfer funds from - you can only transfer from your nominated account, and if your nominated account happens not to be a clearing bank, that can create problems. Their system seems to show the transfer coming from the intermediate clearing bank and I had FP payments from my nominated account at Coventry BS rejected for that reason. The other thing about Charter is that they are one of the banks which delay withdrawals by one business day (even at the end of a fixed term), which is irritating.

Can't speak for Bank of Cyprus. I couldn't get off first base with them, because you need a mobile phone signal to operate the account, and we don't have one at home.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    uptdale wrote: »
    Paragon seems pretty efficient - easy to set up and pay in money online. Charter Savings Bank I'm less happy about. They are very picky about which accounts you can transfer funds from - you can only transfer from your nominated account, and if your nominated account happens not to be a clearing bank, that can create problems. Their system seems to show the transfer coming from the intermediate clearing bank and I had FP payments from my nominated account at Coventry BS rejected for that reason.

I think you'll find the Paragon's T&C are the same as Charter Savings. Both require deposits from the nominated account which must be a current account in your name. This is how the Newcastle Strategic Solutions platform, which they both use, works.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Nationwide8
    Options
    18cc wrote: »

Is this automatic if you have an account currently at 1.2% ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure