The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    qsk said:
    Metro have announced their rates are dropping to 3.88% from around 5%. Time to move, not sure where as i like regular withdrawals.
    Ulster Loyalty Saver is still paying 5.2%.  Instant withdrawals, but you have to have minimum £5k in the account to get this rate.  If it falls below £5k he rate drops to 2.25%.
    Think you need an Ulster Bank Current Account to withdraw though these days from what I read, is that right?
    Only to open the account, once you have the Loyalty Saver you can make payments to and from it directly without needing to bounce money through the current account.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have the current account. When I pay from the Loyalty Saver account, it seems to use the payment mandate from the current account (same reference number). I am wondering whether the payee would be removed once current account is closed so you can no longer pay directly from loyalty saver using the same mandate?
    Why close the current account?
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    qsk said:
    Metro have announced their rates are dropping to 3.88% from around 5%. Time to move, not sure where as i like regular withdrawals.
    Ulster Loyalty Saver is still paying 5.2%.  Instant withdrawals, but you have to have minimum £5k in the account to get this rate.  If it falls below £5k he rate drops to 2.25%.
    Think you need an Ulster Bank Current Account to withdraw though these days from what I read, is that right?
    Only to open the account, once you have the Loyalty Saver you can make payments to and from it directly without needing to bounce money through the current account.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have the current account. When I pay from the Loyalty Saver account, it seems to use the payment mandate from the current account (same reference number). I am wondering whether the payee would be removed once current account is closed so you can no longer pay directly from loyalty saver using the same mandate?
    Thinking of taking up a switch offer.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,686 Forumite
    Options
    qsk said:
    qsk said:
    Thanks for the advice.
    Fair point.

Don't believe that payee details are associated with a particular account (at least for NWG banks) but rather are held at the account holder level.

This is not true of standing orders / DDs of course.
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not in my experience. I don't have Ulster Current Account and make my withdrawals directly from Loyalty Saver.
  • PloughmansLunch
    PloughmansLunch Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    qsk said:
    qsk said:
    Thanks for the advice.
    Fair point.

Don't believe that payee details are associated with a particular account (at least for NWG banks) but rather are held at the account holder level.

This is not true of standing orders / DDs of course.
    I can confirm all payees are added at NWG account holder level. I had an Ulster Loyalty saver with 3 sole payees for a few months before opening a current account, then recently switched a spare Chase account into Ulster for the bonus. As I've long been using Chase as a savings distribution hub the switch pulled through about 60+ additional payees which now show on both the Ulster current account and saver which frankly is a pain in the bum.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got an email from YBS today apparently they have "new" savings accounts available.

Easy Access Saver @ 4.80%, pretty sure all they've done is change the name from Internet Saver Plus Issue x though.

https://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/product?id=YB681846W
    Seems I'm right, they want to simplify things yet the Internet Plus name won't be changing 
  • barafear799
    barafear799 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you have a Tandem account (with top up) - that pays 4.9% and withdrawals are instant. I think the other issue we are all going to have is that others are sure to follow Metro - so it's only a timing issue. As you say- if you're happy with the current Metro rate (4.97% AER I believe) then hang fire for the two month notice period and then you'll have a clearer picture of where to move to 

• ircE
    ircE Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
  • FIREmenow
    FIREmenow Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 10 May at 10:03PM
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    FIREmenow said:
    Hi all, quick question if anyone can help. 

The roundup account for Chase - I can't see that I'm getting monthly interest, can someone please share where I would find this in the app? Is it lumped in with other interest?

Many thanks!
    Roundup rewards are kept separate, you get a statement once a month, available together with the CA and SA statements. Interest is paid monthly and mine is added on the 1st of a month, the rate is 5% pa.
    Thanks for this, have checked the statement. I think the balance was actually too low to warrant even a penny  :D
  • Johnny-Cage
    Johnny-Cage Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you open the Oxbury EA that min 1k deposit can you drop below the 1k once opened.
    Current have a Tandem at 4.90% but tempted to move it to the Oxbury only a 0.4% difference but I have a notice account with Oxbury so easier to have both accounts together 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback