The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @robotrobo - If you log in to the AA and request a linked account transfer, it will use a direct debit via BACS and will take a few days. If you initiate the transfer by faster payment from your bank it will get there sooner.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robotrobo wrote: »
    i joined the aa LAST WEEK !!, TRANSFERED SOME MONEY FROM MY LINKED ACCOUNT & IT TELLS YOU IT WILL TAKE 3 DAYS BEFORE THE COMPLETION, SORRY ABOUT CAP ON!!
    Yeah if you deposit via the AA online banking system, it'll take ages because it uses Direct Debit. Just deposit by doing a bank transfer from a current account with Faster Payments enabled. Make sure you set the sort code, account number and reference correctly (these can all be found on the AA online banking website).
  • stanmoor
    stanmoor Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone here registered for the ING 3.1% savers account? I registered over a week ago and not had anything through via email or in the post. Took a picture of the account info page though, so all is not lost. I see they have now reduced the rate they offer!
  • verydeeppockets
    Options
    Hmm
    Usually, to get a top interest rate you will be going for an account with a fixed term bonus and it will be presented to you in a form like: 0.5% interest with a 2.3% bonus. Bonus terminates 12 months after your first deposit is made.
    So note the date the bonus ends in your diary (on a date 3 weeks before) giving you time to move your money and get another bonus.

And bear in mind trying to time everything so money moves on the exact day of the bonus end to the new account is damn near impossible :mad:
    Took me a good 10 days of :bleep:all interest to hoop-jump money out of a couple of accounts.
  • murphydavid
    Options
    And bear in mind trying to time everything so money moves on the exact day of the bonus end to the new account is damn near impossible :mad:
    Took me a good 10 days of :bleep:all interest to hoop-jump money out of a couple of accounts.

Yes it is impossible - a matter of luck. but remember
    A "fixed term bonus" is not the same as a "fixed term account". You can move all (or all but a pound of your money) out of the easy access accounts well before the last day of the bonus. Hence my original suggestion of 3 weeks before the bonus terminates. (I say all but a pound because closing them is entirely another matter, I would not try till I emptied it first) (And for "fixed term accounts" you know from the start when they end and would never need to ask your bank to inform you when the interest rate changes because it doesn't during the term)
  • jftho
    Options
    SANTANDER BEWARE!

I opened a SANTANDER e saver in early January and the service has been appalling; It has been a comedy of errors from start to finish! I am unable to access my money as I was only sent letter no 2 of 2, but not letter no 1 for on line banking! As a result, I telephoned their 0845 number and it has taken 2 hrs to get even close to a result! The service is the worst I have ever experienced and I would not reccomend this organisation AT ALL! The fact is that due to THEIR error my money is 'locked in' for security reasons! I am UNABLE to access it to pay my tax bill, and after LOTS of discussion with totally INCOMPETENT people they have agreed that if I go to a branch (For which I need to give up a day of work! I'm self employed and can't afford this!!) they will absorb the cost of the CHAPS transfer! Well, I guess that it some consolation; but after disastrous service I would suggest - STEER CLEAR - their slightly higher interest rate is VERY SOON irrelevant compared to the total lack of service and the call charges incurred to get anywhere near to a result!
  • robotrobo
    robotrobo Posts: 921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    @robotrobo - If you log in to the AA and request a linked account transfer, it will use a direct debit via BACS and will take a few days. If you initiate the transfer by faster payment from your bank it will get there sooner.

thanks for advice , if i can learn how to do the task!, then i will .

thankyou.
    mr bean!!!!
  • murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 January 2012 at 10:16AM
    Options
    robotrobo wrote: »
    thanks for advice , if i can learn how to do the task!, then i will .

thankyou.
    mr bean!!!!

You go to your current account banks web page hit pay a bill or person (or the equivalent) fill in your amount, the AA account number and the AA sort code And AA reference if there is one. (The person to pay is you) Hit pay now and confirm.
    Try it with a fiver first to make sure it works
  • scottishgal_2
    Options
    I have just spoken to Selftrade on the phone, the kindle ISA deal is being pulled at 3pm today!!
    Top Cash Back: £882
    Boots Card: £160
  • Medion2
    Options
    Money Saving expert is suggesting BM Savings: 3.2% account as a good bet, but does he realise that this cannot be a joint account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback