Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    Birthdays and xmas sorted for the next ten years.

Surely the next 50 years? At least.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2019 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    How many Lloyds accounts had you already got when you tried to apply for another? You can only have up to 10 current accounts open with each of the LBG brands at one time.
    I understood the limit was three at any one time (from comments on MSE?), so stuck to that (opening replacement accounts when the old one disappeared off the system).
  • Anon
    Options
    At the time I had above mentioned problem, only 1 of each Halifax/BOS/Lloyds, Bulk of accounts opened to switch to Santander were via them,did only open 1 at a time, never had more than two Lloyds/BOS open at any one time with 1 of each generally switching out.

When my only remaining Lloyds C/A switched out I did try and open another - same problem, will only lose sleep over it if Lloyds Bank offer a switch incentive ( which they never do) :rotfl:

Re LBG, I just hold 1 Halifax C/A now :eek:
    Have you had any explanation from them or are you not pursuing to find out whether the decision can be reversed?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Out of interest, which bank has no limit please? I believe 3 seems to be the limit (at any one time) on many bank platforms?
    The most I have had concurrently with a single bank is 11. In self-preservation, I won't reveal their name to protect my still existing accounts (less than 11 but more than 3) with them.

I know that Nationwide and Santander still allow at least 4. Santander used to have no limits, and I had 6 with them for a long time, even after they reduced the number of 123 accounts you could have.

This is all sole accounts - at all banks, you can have at least 1 if not more joint accounts, in addition to the sole accounts.
  • Anon
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    The most I have had concurrently with a single bank is 11. In self-preservation, I won't reveal their name to protect my still existing accounts (less than 11 but more than 3) with them.

I know that Nationwide and Santander still allow at least 4. Santander used to have no limits, and I had 6 with them for a long time, even after they reduced the number of 123 accounts you could have.

This is all sole accounts - at all banks, you can have at least 1 if not more joint accounts, in addition to the sole accounts.

The Santander limit seems to be 5 from reports on here and elsewhere (and personal experience with application 6 getting rejected!).
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Have you had any explanation from them or are you not pursuing to find out whether the decision can be reversed?

It may well be some kind of bar linked to Identity as ID score gets hit by making loads of online account applications, just over week ago switched Barclays out, applied for new Barclays which was accepted was asked ID questions based on Infomation held by Equifax, multiple choice questions like which of these Banks might you have opened an account with during May, I was pretty sure two options given were correct answer :o

Currently I still have online access to Lloyds Monthly savers, can move funds in and out, if that changes I will phone asking for funds to be sent to me/my external account and then I will say reason for not currently holding a L.B C/A
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have now received all my codes due.
    The ones I received today were claimed on 31.05.19 and 05.06.19.
    It appears they are having a good sort out to get all outstanding claims paid !
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    I have now received all my codes due.
    The ones I received today were claimed on 31.05.19 and 05.06.19.
    It appears they are having a good sort out to get all outstanding claims paid !
    There are lots more claims from after June 5 outstanding. All of them well within the up to three weeks they said it would take.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Surely the next 50 years? At least.

Their only valid for 10 yrs.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Their only valid for 10 yrs.

Oh. Yes.

(do Amazon sell anything that has a long sell-by date and won't look obsolete in 50 years time?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure