Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    crumpetman wrote: »
    There is someone on hotukdeals (might be on here too?) who has managed an amazing £10k worth.

I just read the thread on HUKD, she opened 190 accounts! :eek:

Good for her!! I am impressed. :)

What I want to know is how she managed to open so many accounts (even over a 4 month period that’s a lot of hard searches) without being rejected?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Forgot to add 2 codes received today from claims that were submitted on 31/5/19 and 5/6/19.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Mido999
    Mido999 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Received voucher for claim made on 29/05
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2019 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    I just read the thread on HUKD, she opened 190 accounts! :eek:

Good for her!! I am impressed. :)

What I want to know is how she managed to open so many accounts (even over a 4 month period that’s a lot of hard searches) without being rejected?

I have opened "a few" ;) accounts over recent months - most appeared as soft searches, though it will be interesting to see what impact it has on my credit scores on the various reports (yes, I know the scores don't necessarily reflect everything, but it will be interesting to see what affect the applications and account closures have had). If I had acted earlier I am sure we could have got more - damn pacing ourselves :think:.

I am aware that Lloyds/BoS/Halifax have been calling some applicants where multiple accounts have been opened as a security check and querying why multiple accounts are required, and some have had applications rejected/closed after initially being accepted on the system.
  • girllikeme1
    girllikeme1 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Is there still time to instigate more switches, please? Is it as long as the switch is instigated by 18/6?
  • Anon
    Options
    Is there still time to instigate more switches, please? Is it as long as the switch is instigated by 18/6?

Unfortunately not - the T&Cs said switches had to be completed (and claim submitted) by 18th June.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    In theory, it is possible if you manage to get multiple accounts with each of the 40-odd banks and building societies which are signed up to CASS. However, we know that some (e.g. Starling) only allow 1 sole account, that others (e.g. Cahoot) don't take any new applications at all, and that yet others won't allow you more than 4 or 5 accounts. Although I also do know some who appear to have no limitation at all - not one that I could detect, anyway.

I would say there was almost certainly a partner / relatives / friends involved in the 190.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vouchers received today for claims made June 5.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I have opened "a few" ;) accounts over recent months - most appeared as soft searches

Dont know any bank accounts what do a soft search, which banks were these?
  • Anon
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    In theory, it is possible if you manage to get multiple accounts with each of the 40-odd banks and building societies which are signed up to CASS. However, we know that some (e.g. Starling) only allow 1 sole account, that others (e.g. Cahoot) don't take any new applications at all, and that yet others won't allow you more than 4 or 5 accounts. Although I also do know some who appear to have no limitation at all - not one that I could detect, anyway.

I would say there was almost certainly a partner / relatives / friends involved in the 190.

Out of interest, which bank has no limit please? I believe 3 seems to be the limit (at any one time) on many bank platforms?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure