Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Smeagal
    Smeagal Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Opportune time to ask - are the vouchers in paper form through the post or e-mailed to print off? TIA
    They are sent in an email with a random code to add to your amazon account like below:

[FONT=&quot]Amazon Claim Code: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gift Card Amount: £50.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Expiry Date: 12/06/2029[/FONT]
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How strange - referrer and I have received one code each from a claim on 29th May - I submitted 5, one after the other, only one voucher received so far and this was the second :huh:.

Anon
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Vouchers coming through for switches completed 28 May, claimed 29 May :)

Likewise, all ours are there.
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't it marvellous! Two letters from Tesco this morning dated June 7th, telling me that if they don't hear from me they will start switching my accounts, etc, etc.

My switches complete tomorrow.
    I imagine Tesco's switching department in particular has been busier than usual - though what I found odd about my switches from Tesco is they texted me saying that as part of the closure process, they would send out 5 years of transaction history, but needed to confirm my address first.

In other words, they were happy to send out normal statements, plus switch my entire account balance to another bank account at my address, yet told me they needed address confirmation to send out transaction history. Oddly enough, my father did a switch from Tesco the week before and received his transaction history through the post without having to confirm anything.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    People have talked about the costs of this crazy promotion being met by Santander. But it's not actually cheap on the part of the banks at the other end of his stampede!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    People have talked about the costs of this crazy promotion being met by Santander. But it's not actually cheap on the part of the banks at the other end of his stampede!

Nor Amazon, as i seriously doubt Santander are giving them the full £50 for each voucher sent to us switchers. There's some pretty big ticket household stuff that can be got with the full £1k value if a couple pool there's into one Amazon account.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    More vouchers going out today I have learnt :)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2019 at 11:11AM
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »
    I imagine Tesco's switching department in particular has been busier than usual - though what I found odd about my switches from Tesco is they texted me saying that as part of the closure process, they would send out 5 years of transaction history, but needed to confirm my address first.

In other words, they were happy to send out normal statements, plus switch my entire account balance to another bank account at my address, yet told me they needed address confirmation to send out transaction history. Oddly enough, my father did a switch from Tesco the week before and received his transaction history through the post without having to confirm anything.

I had to confirm address and confirm that I wanted it all sent out. Still haven't received this as yet though. Will wait another week then follow them up, there post seems to be very slow.
  • girllikeme1
    girllikeme1 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options

Tesco would have been better off keeping the higher interest rate in situ, I feel...

Some vouchers received today, having referred someone on here.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    I had to confirm address and confirm that I wanted it all sent out. Still haven't received this as yet though. Will wait another wee then follow them up, there post seems to be very slow.

I hope you're wearing your incontinence pants :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure