Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,272
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    crumpetman wrote: »
    I'm the switcher (referee not referrer) and I did two switches at the same time and claimed vouchers at the same time. Referrer has received both vouchers for the two switches, I have received one voucher. The referrer email quotes the refer a friend code which has been used, the referee email has only "thanks for switching, here's your amazon voucher"

Perhaps Santander expected people to switch only one account and so would know which account it was without having to provide more details. When you have multiple switches it becomes an issue.

I think I will have to phone them.

I took screen shots of the claim voucher page, once completed, but before clicking "apply" which showed the Referrer code, FSWI code and the name of the applicant, so hopefully I can tie everything together if needed.

Might be worth others, still to apply for vouchers, to do similar.:beer:
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.47% of current retirement "pot" (as at end February 2024)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Just as a side note...Santander didn't take our £1 account fee (123 Lite) this month, but DID pay us our cashback. Is this because the account has been in "switcher" mode do you think? Anyone else noticed this?
    I had similar on a normal 123. They took ages over taking the account fee after they made the account a switcher account (whatever that may mean). Interest was paid as normal (no cashback on this account). They did catch up eventually on the account fee, so nothing gained :o
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,872
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 May 2019 at 11:18AM
    "Tesco debit card must be activated for switching.." Urban myth? Maybe/maybe not, but there may be quite a few of us switching near the scheduled end of the Sntndr offer and the Tesco rate reduction... and the possibility of failing close to the cut off may not allow time for recovery.

So is yours activated? Whilst logged in go to: current ac/manage accounts/(your) current ac#1
    Then on the left hand side options list there is an 'activate debit card' option.

You need to provide the last 4 numbers of the long number to activate the card.

Then up a level to select your 2nd ac and same process for 2nd DC.

If like me you've never used your Tesco DC and shredded it for security, and if the option isn't there, I believe your card has been activated at some point.
    The option disappeared after I activated mine.

Or to be sure you can phone up...
    Tesco have buried the 24/7 contact number... so here it is: 0345 835 3353

If there are no options showing on the LH side, you're not on the right page.. drill further.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,617
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Oh, why can't Santander allow you to switch into an existing account without a branch visit, good job i'm retired with time to spare...
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    They do - you can do it by phone. I did - took me 5 mins
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,272
    Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    Oh, why can't Santander allow you to switch into an existing account without a branch visit, good job i'm retired with time to spare...

We've done all ours by phone, it's an 0800 too!!! Simple and took less than 10 mins.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.47% of current retirement "pot" (as at end February 2024)
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »

Make sure you use 0800 0852202.

I followed their web page instruction "You can contact the team on 0800 068 6069 FREE" and just got a message to call 0800 9 123123. Doing this then means going through customer services before eventually getting through to the switching team.
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 722
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Approx how long from submitting claim for amazon vouchers until receiving the vouchers?
    I made a claim on 24 April.
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Aidanmc wrote: »
    Approx how long from submitting claim for amazon vouchers until receiving the vouchers?
    I made a claim on 24 April.

I am still waiting from 18 April. They have lost one set so I have had to do it again but the other one was supposed to be paid this week (they told me another big batch including mine was due to go out this week ). B all so far though !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    I took screen shots of the claim voucher page, once completed, but before clicking "apply" which showed the Referrer code, FSWI code and the name of the applicant, so hopefully I can tie everything together if needed.

Might be worth others, still to apply for vouchers, to do similar.:beer:

I do that too but as the emails from Santander which contain the Amazon voucher have none of the above information (apart from name but this should be the same for each switch you do) then it is of no help to work out which claim is missing a voucher. I don't know why they don't include the FSWI code or referral code with the Amazon voucher, it would make things easier for those claiming. The referrer gets an email with the Amazon voucher and the refer code which their friend used so it must be possible for them to do it for the claimer too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure