PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have ended up spring cleaning my bedroom - ie moving all furniture and dusting and vacuuming behind. I even took all the drawers out of the drawer unit where my clothes are and dusted them and cleaned out the (very dusty) shell before returning them. Found a new, packaged pair of tights that had fallen out of the top drawer!

Boiler man has just been to service boiler. He's gone now and I am sorting piles left in my bedroom. Have had to throw a pair of DD's (saved) toddler shoes because the sole of one of them has rotted/deteriorated...but only one *shrug*.

Found some paperwork I was missing *phew*

The sunny weather - and open windows - really spur me on to clean!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Got the banking done so now only have a couple of appliance insurances, and the shares and PBs which require extra paperwork. Just rung to cancel our wedding anniversary weekend away-that hurt.
    Been round mils did her shopping but it was so heavy so only half got to her today, I'll take the rest tomorrow.
    Been into work to tell the head despite being given a two month sick note I plan on returning on Monday. Nothing is going to change what's happened so I need to find my new normal and start being responsible for the bill paying etc.
    I feel like I've done enough today and the boys are out so I'm going to have a go at some crossstitch for the first time in ages.

Hope everyone is as well as can be, have a good weekend all. Xx
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ((Hugs)) Mrs MP. Thinking of you. X

I’ve been to work whilst DH has been at home today. I set the wm running before I left so the washing is now dry having been hung out all day.
    The plasterer has been to look at our shell of a spare room. It seems that all the remaining plaster will need to come off to make a proper job of it. *sigh*. That’s my job for next week then.
    DD is out this evening at a concert and won’t be back until late. I’m already struggling to keep my eyes open so that isn’t boding well. And I’ll be on tenterhooks until she actually gets back,even though she is with a friend and her parents.
    Catch up on Seeing Bee is called for, I think.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Been suffering with stomach ache for most of the last week, now wondering if its because my Levothyroxine dose has been doubled or if its something else. Will have to go to docs if it doesnt improve - although I dont actually feel ill and I managed the gym this afternoon.

Also managed to mop and hoover through, scrub bathroom, sort a mountain of laundry, do the weekly shop as well as 4 hours paid stuff. Bedtime soon I think.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and hugs for Mrs MP.

No dogs here today so I plan to get out in the garden, may be clean the cars too.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

SC is on for hosue guest
    I am away for the weekend as it is GD's Christening tomorrow way up nooooooorth, so we are leaving today but it is currently very foggy .
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    Options
    Morning
    It’s foggy here as well. As I am not required to be taxi for DD today, I’m hoping to get in some gardening, along with the usual washing and ironing. The house desperately needs a vac but DH is planning to dismantle the vacuum cleaner this morning to “mend” it. So I’m bracing myself for buying a new one.
    I guess that getting dressed might be a first stop.
    How’s Weekend Willi doing, Round?:D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Have a lovely time at the christening Kaz
    YL please go drs if the stomachache doesn't ease over the weekend.
    Got a few jobs to do at mils when I take the rest of her shopping round, then I've offered to do some gardening at dd3s. Will wait to see if she needs me. If not I may brave having a look what in our shed!

Have a good weekend all xx
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,030 Forumite
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    How’s Weekend Willi doing, Round?:D

:D :hello: You made me chuckle - I was catching up with the thread and totally not expecting to read this :rotfl: Thank you Fayolle xx

Weekend Willi was up early - which is quite annoying on the first day of a week off but par for the course these days. She is quite content as Roundtuit WUDUPA a bowl of pots after work on Thursday so there isn't a great mountain of dishes piled up. Pity the same can't be said for Mount Washmore - you'd never believe there are only two of us live here, and one of us has a bare minimum of clothes at the moment :o Heyho - at least WM makes it easy - if we were using a dolly tub and posher it'd never get done!

I sorted through another pile of paper last night during advert breaks - my shredding pile is growing but the 'to keep' pile is minimal :T There is a box under the mountain of paper that I'm slowly wading through - cannot imagine what is in the box - suspect it may be an empty box :o That'll be more room on the living room floor though :D

Murky here. Not dressed yet. Another brew first methinks.

Rxx

PS My 84 year old Dad has not only joined a line dancing class he's bought a DVD so he can learn / practice at home. It looks fun :D
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,030 Forumite
    Options
    Brew supped. Mount Washmore sorted into piles whilst kettle was boiling. First load swishing.

Suppose I ought to get dressed. Anyone seen the sun this morning?

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts