»

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 49

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 7:00PM in Energy
1.2K replies 77.9K views

Replies

• GunJackGunJack
    11K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redboot wrote: »
    Probably not.

Over half the UK energy domestic customers who are on credit meters are languishing on their suppliers most expensive, default tariff.
    And half of those have been there for over 3 years!

Almost 90% of those on a default tariff are with one of the Big 6 suppliers.

But from those who are actively switching, the majority are to suppliers other than the Big 6.

But who wants to save almost £300 a year on average anyway, despite it being the same gas and electricity coming through the same pipes and wires?
    Obviously over half those on credit meters don't!

I've been an active tariff chaser for some years, never on a standard variable rate until now with Bulb (which is cheaper in my region/useage than any of the big six's fixes or svr...my point is is the hassle really worth it to chase down the last pennies of savings...my time in doing so is worth far more than £100 a year that Symbio could save me in cash terms, but cash ain't everything all the time ;)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • matelodavematelodave
    5K posts
    Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I asked Symbio why they couldn't just take my monthly DD like other companies rather than faffing with a variable DD and this is their answer

"In accordance to your query, we would like to inform you that our billing process and system is designed in such a way that, once there is a meter reading submitted by you, our system will automatically generate the invoice as per your actual usage based on the submitted meter reading at any given point of time. However, as per your request, we can confirm that we have set the Monthly Direct Debit to £76.56 as per your tariff plan.

We would advise you to kindly submit your meter read at end of 6 months or at the end of the year so that we can accordingly reconcile your invoice. "

So in a perverted way they seem to be happy with a meter reading once every 6 or even 12 months.

It doesn't really bother me as I keep my own spreadsheet going and I can monitor my consumption but I can see that it could cause some people a lot of grief, especially after 12 months if their DD wasn't accurate.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • matelodavematelodave
    5K posts
    Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    not seen any info about referring people. I think I can manage to do without £10
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • tk47tk47
    232 posts
    Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    matelodave wrote: »
    I asked Symbio why they couldn't just take my monthly DD like other companies rather than faffing with a variable DD and this is their answer

"In accordance to your query, we would like to inform you that our billing process and system is designed in such a way that, once there is a meter reading submitted by you, our system will automatically generate the invoice as per your actual usage based on the submitted meter reading at any given point of time. However, as per your request, we can confirm that we have set the Monthly Direct Debit to £76.56 as per your tariff plan.

We would advise you to kindly submit your meter read at end of 6 months or at the end of the year so that we can accordingly reconcile your invoice. "

So in a perverted way they seem to be happy with a meter reading once every 6 or even 12 months.

It doesn't really bother me as I keep my own spreadsheet going and I can monitor my consumption but I can see that it could cause some people a lot of grief, especially after 12 months if their DD wasn't accurate.
    3.15. In order to bill you as accurately as possible, you must give us an up-to-date meter reading for your energy at least every 90 days and when requested by Symbio Energy if there is a reason to need more up to date meter readings. If you move supplier from Symbio Energy, you will be required to provide a final meter read to Symbio Energy from which a final energy bill will be calculated.
    https://symbioenergy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ ;)
  • TalldaveTalldave
    766 posts
    Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    KimT wrote: »
    Good feedback.

As you are a symbio customer, do you want to give me a refer-a friend code? I think they pay £10 to you,

I think that's why their price is attractive; they're not spending money on that kind of marketing scheme.

I'm happy to recommend them for free! Their billing is weird, but in a roundabout way they're trying to only charge you for what you're using - which I like. However, that means the direct debit amount is changing every month- which may not be to everyone's liking and I'm not sure that's made clear before signing up.
  • moleratmolerat
    22.3K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    Well, it gets worse. This morning I received a bill from Utilita covering 18-30 Sep. I switched from Eversmart on 11th Sept. Phoned Symbio and gave them my customer number and they asked some questions such as have I been with them a while - seemed a bit strange - but I said you have billed me and taken a direct debit once already. Said they would speak to billing and get back to me and gave me my landline number as contact - I phoned them on my mobile - so they do have a record of me. So something has gone drastically wrong somewhere and I feel a whole lot of pain coming.

Edit : Symbio got back to me within an hour. I was with them from 11th - 18th Sept when Utilita took my account from them . They do not send out sorry you are leaving mails. I have now got to sort out an erroneous transfer. :mad:

edit 2 : Got through to Utilita after 25minutes on hold and started the complaint. They agree they took the account from Symbio, seems I may not the only one, and they will start the transfer back.
    Received a letter from Utilita this morning - "We are attempting to return your electricity supply ......"
  • griffbgriffb
    127 posts
    Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Thanks for that. My 3 missing rewards payments have been yet again queried by myself. If symbio is listed as an eligible company I expect to be paid

NatWest Rewards have paid up _party_
  • TafrockTafrock
    583 posts
    Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I can happily report that following relentless pursuit of my natwest rewards payments for my energy bill entitled to me regarding symbio energy payments the bank have at last paid what I am entitled to

It's only a small amount (2% of an already small bill) but im entitled to it so I kept pushing for it

Today I received 3 months of rewards paid into my reward account so natwest customers you will receive reward payments from now on if you are a reward customer
  • DocFrogDocFrog
    28 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I have been in touch with Rebecca at RBS complaints department and she today confirmed that my Symbio rewards will be paid.
    No coincidence, I'm sure,
  • SamDudeSamDude
    275 posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭
    Confirming that Natwest is now paying the Symbio (+ Zog) 2% reward on my account too.