Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• Talldave wrote: »
    You seem very upset about something you're not totally certain about? Either you have a record of readings submitted or you don't. If you don't then you don't have a case. Always photograph meter readings - most phones incorporate the date and time in the photo's filename as well as in embedded metadata- it's good evidence to help resolve any arguments.

I am giving details of my experience transferring from one supplier to another and how the process went. that's all! My experience is something went wrong, errors were made and trying to resolve it seems difficult. Whether I should have recorded the meter reading is a fair point and something I will consider in any future transfer. It still doesn't change the fact that I have been charged twice for the same period and I think most reasonable people/companies would consider that unfair
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    horatiog wrote: »
    Well - I've transferred over to Symbio on an E10 meter and there wasn't even a suggestion I would have to swap to a Smart Meter.
    Some companies will put you on their E7 tariff with no problems........... or when they realise you are E10 it will all go horribly wrong.
    horatiog wrote: »
    HOWEVER - the Smart Energy Club alert function is now useless to me as the SYmbio tariffs are not available in the selection, so I cannot set up my account to the tariff I am currently on. Have grumbled about this before but nobody has added them - Grrr!
    CEC have said they will do it if Symbio give them the data, another massive failing by OFGEM in their supposed making things fair and transparent.
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 September 2019 at 1:01PM
    molerat wrote: »
    Some companies will put you on their E7 tariff and/or when they realise you are E10 it will all go horribly wrong.

I corrected that for you ;)

I understand the Symbio application process requires you to input your MPAN (and your DD details for that matter) so it seems like it already has gone horribly wrong for at least one MSEer, who it seems has only mustered 3 posts in almost 10 years. :cool:
    molerat wrote: »
    CEC have said they will do it if Symbio give them the data, another massive failing by OFGEM in their supposed making things fair and transparent.
    Where have they said that? :huh:

A previous post, by the board guide no less, indicated the official response from MSE was that even if they do receive the information from a small supplier (and they may well have done, as Symbio seem to be on many other comparison sites) MSE cannot handle the workload of all these small suppliers enetering the market with their numerous and frequently changing tariffs.

As MSE presumably would not be being paid for displaying this info, then there is no economical reason for them to concentrate on putting this info up, especially as they seem to be one of the cheaper suppliers, so potentially distracting MSE users from going for a supplier & tariff MSE wouldl get paid for switching the user to.
  • tk47
    tk47 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MABLE wrote: »
    Checked this am and if by magic the historical reads have now appeared online.

Yes, they are back! :j
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I find it brain numbing that they send every reading to the "answerable to nobody" industry body that screws with meter readings.

Their emails imply it adds over a week's delay to them accepting a reading. What do they use to invent their estimates? And why would they be more valid than an actual meter reading that'll probably be given the OK 7 days later?
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Talldave wrote: »
    I find it brain numbing that they send every reading to the "answerable to nobody" industry body that screws with meter readings.

Their emails imply it adds over a week's delay to them accepting a reading. What do they use to invent their estimates? And why would they be more valid than an actual meter reading that'll probably be given the OK 7 days later?

Couldn't agree more - the "independent industry body" should be worthy of it's own thread...
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Talldave
    GunJack wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more - the "independent industry body" should be worthy of it's own thread...

Out of interest, does it cost Symbio to have each reading "validated"? Or do all suppliers just pay a flat rate "tax" to fund it?
  • What bothers me is that someone can sit there and say a member has only made 3 comments in 10 years. It is nothing short of rude. It is actually a form of cyber bullying as well. And I am sick to the back teeth of it.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Andrew1974 wrote: »
    What bothers me is that someone can sit there and say a member has only made 3 comments in 10 years. It is nothing short of rude. It is actually a form of cyber bullying as well. And I am sick to the back teeth of it.

Who is the someone. A little confused by your post.
  • Talldave
    Andrew1974 wrote: »
    What bothers me is that someone can sit there and say a member has only made 3 comments in 10 years. It is nothing short of rude. It is actually a form of cyber bullying as well. And I am sick to the back teeth of it.

As a target of such behaviour, I agree. Sadly MSE don't agree. It's behaviour that seems to be repeated on a daily basis from a plethora of well informed, but unnecessary condescending, newbie accounts.
    MABLE wrote: »
    Who is the someone. A little confused by your post.

See post #424.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure