Forum Home» Energy

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 45

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 7:00PM in Energy
2.2K replies 121.5K views
14243454748218

Replies

  • TafrockTafrock Forumite
    631 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that. My 3 missing rewards payments have been yet again queried by myself. If symbio is listed as an eligible company I expect to be paid
  • ywlgyywlgy Forumite
    119 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    Does anyone know when they will send the opening reading to the old supplier? My old supplier sent me a bill using the estimated reading on the switching day asked me to pay before 10th.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the best time to submit meter readings to Symbio to ensure your bills are as accurate as possible?

    Is it the end of each month or linked to your billing date?
  • edited 30 September 2019 at 5:03PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 September 2019 at 5:03PM
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best time to submit meter readings to Symbio to ensure your bills are as accurate as possible?

    Is it the end of each month or linked to your billing date?
    The billing cycle is calendar monthly, first bill is switch date to end of month, so readings will be either last or first day of month. I submitted one today and will do again tomorrow and see how it pans out ;)
    In accordance with the tariff conditions, you will receive a bill within the next seven days for energy consumption between the effective date of your switch until the end of the calendar month. Your next bill will be in the first week of the proceeding calendar month for the following month’s energy consumption. We will take a direct debit equivalent to the monthly quote you provided to us on the website.
    Looking at my first bill they have used 1st as the reading date.
  • edited 30 September 2019 at 5:16PM
    matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 September 2019 at 5:16PM
    molerat wrote: »
    The billing cycle is calendar monthly, first bill is switch date to end of month, so readings will be either last or first day of month. I submitted one today and will do again tomorrow and see how it pans out ;)

    I have sent in a reading today and they'll get another tomorrow - it'll probably confuse their system but I keep my own records so I'll know where I stand even if they dont.

    Dunno what initial meter info (if any) they sent to Eversmart or if it was received or actioned before they went belly up. My last bill from Eversmart was a random guess based on energy that they reckon they supplied after I swapped to Symbio but before they died.

    I'm guessing that I'll have a bit of sport in the future (hopefully not too distant) sorting out my final bill and recovering my credit although I'm not sure from whom, the receiver or Utilita because my swap date was 2nd Sept a week or so before the demise of Eversmart
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave them a read yesterday and one today. I also take a picture of the meter for them to see the readings themselves. I quite like the idea of their estimated figures up to the 1st of each month. I then challenge myself to stay below that and normally are approx £9.00 a month better off.

    Any surplus is then put into my energy fund account and available to draw upon if the usage goes up.
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    MABLE wrote: »
    I gave them a read yesterday and one today. I also take a picture of the meter for them to see the readings themselves. I quite like the idea of their estimated figures up to the 1st of each month. I then challenge myself to stay below that and normally are approx £9.00 a month better off.

    Any surplus is then put into my energy fund account and available to draw upon if the usage goes up.

    Why the two consecutive days' readings? I'm a Symbio newbie so am interested to know how to play the game properly!
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talldave wrote: »
    Why the two consecutive days' readings? I'm a Symbio newbie so am interested to know how to play the game properly!

    I am not entirely sure when the cycle ends whether its the last day or first day of the month. Hence the reason for the two readings.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    To have an accurate bill from any supplier, you have to provide them with a meter reading for the last day that bill applies to.
    Not necessarily. The better ones will generate a bill immediately upon receipt of a meter reading. This really should be standard practice, it's hardly rocket science.
  • TafrockTafrock Forumite
    631 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Symbio will actually correct the estimated bill up to the 5th of the month. I give them one reading on last day of month and one on 5th. They always compensate for the over estimation using my 5th of month reading.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support