Forum Home» Energy

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 17

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
2K replies 113.4K views

Replies

• fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    471 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Cheapest comparable tariff for me (no exit charge, fixed tariff) is Yorkshire energy Green bunny at £32 more expensive. I'd probably opt for that myself though a short term transfer to a variable tariff such as the cheapest from outfox would only cost myself an extra 6 pounds per year . Looks like fewkeste may have had the right idea going with Yorkshire all along. I'll let the forum know if they attempt to get me to swap onto this prepay nonsense

Having just read all the recent posts it's a rather worrying development.

@Tafrock - it may be worth regularly checking YE's tariffs because they come out with new ones (as they arrange new forward energy purchase contracts) all the time. I'm on Green Goose but there have been two more released since then I think (both more expensive.)

It might be a case of watching and waiting for a good YE tariff to turn up then acting quickly when it does.

Alternatively if you join them on one tariff and they subsequently bring out a cheaper one, I was told one could swap to the cheaper tariff without cost or hassle.

It would be worth getting this statement from the horse's mouth though if you do decide to move to YE straight away.
  • TafrockTafrock Forumite
    631 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thanks fewkeste. It's certainly another option

I may just opt for a short term variable with no exit fee and go back to powershop in time for the hefty discounts winter will bring.

I know they will welcome me back with open arms

I'm slightly concerned by symbios seeming lack of direction but it could just be teething troubles. I'll just be very cautious and not build up any credit with them

This forum is an excellent vehicle to expose shortcomings in a company or alternatively issue praise where its due such as powershops excellent track record in the customer services field over the last 24 months

Keep posting everyone. Who knows. Symbio may indeed be watching. If you are guys then please join in and give us some official feedback
    471 posts
    ✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »
    I may just opt for a short term variable with no exit fee and go back to powershop in time for the hefty discounts winter will bring.

Yes I wondered about that. However it may not be until October/November before disounts become worthwhile and it's difficult to know if the November Future Packs will still be available in October.

In order for this strategy to work it's to be hoped that the online account becomes live ASAP after becoming a customer.

Last time I joined them on 17th April 2017 but didn't get access to an online account until the end of June 2017, because of a failure to supply information by my old company (Robin Hood Energy.)
    631 posts
    ✭✭
    I purchased the my day special pack last night. Its made my final bill (according to the app) £11.94 for 11 days electricity. Just over a pound a day. The may day pack wiped out any usage of simple saver packs in my final 11 days.

Because my usage is so low I only used 2 full packs (St George's day and Easter ones) and around a third of the may day one. Powershop certainly have the right idea it's just a shame the discounts aren't high enough regularly enough
  • Jo_HricJo_Hric Forumite
    8 posts
    Glad to see the email from last night here already. My concern was the 3 months wait to submit the meter read, which was raised here as well by @Taforck. So, I have emailed Customer Services. This afternoon I have received an email (from Sapan - new name into a collection ;) saying:

"Meter readings reconcile the estimates with your actual reads. Some people like to provide monthly reads and have accurate energy bills monthly. Others provide less frequent reconciliations. As a company, we find that quarterly (3 monthly) meter read requests are a happy balance for all customers. However, should you wish to provide reads daily, you can do so by calling customer services. Monthly meter reads would be ideal for Symbio Energy, but this can be onerous.

Symbio Energy will send a reminder on a quarterly basis for meter reads. This can be submitted via the Customer On-Line portal or by calling customer services. We are working on a Phone App and other novel, easier methods for our customers."

Funny enough, made it into their FAQs as some of the answer is now there :) 12HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE METER READINGS AND HOW CAN I PROVIDE THEM?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    631 posts
    ✭✭
    A phone app would be useful. The portal isn't very smart phone friendly. Thanks jo
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the price we pay when when the company has only two staff. Nancy and Cheetah.
    631 posts
    ✭✭
    What about sapan mable. Dont leave the newbie out of the equation
  • steve900steve900 Forumite
    82 posts
    Well that is the parentals switched over. They emailed 5 days after the switch date asking for a meter read. This was put through.

Will see what happens. I wish more people would contribute here, reading some of these posts is like watching paint dry.

Here is something to consider. You come home, you switch a light on. You pay a few pennies to the electric company for the power the lightbulb uses and we all want to pay as low as possible. But to sit and go on and on and on about the electric company in such a trivial way, well it was myself that switched off.
    471 posts
    ✭✭
    steve900 wrote: »
    You pay a few pennies to the electric company for the power the lightbulb uses ......

£1029 per year actually. :D