Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Supermarket Coupons

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 73

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 17 January at 7:31PM in Supermarket Coupons
1.2K replies 165K views

Replies

• jaks111jaks111 Forumite
    561 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Have Lidl discontinued the Batts sweet chilli Sauce hint of ginger in a bottle I have been in 3 times assistant didn’t seem to know.... 
  • edited 15 June 2020 at 7:12AM
    duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 June 2020 at 7:12AM
    The Saxon kitchen towel from Aldi are not as good as the Florays towels from Lidl, they are narrower and not as absorbent, I shall not be getting them again.
  • peter021072peter021072 Forumite
    75 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    Has anyone seen any of the Earls dog dental sticks for sale in Aldi lately?  Are they just out of stock or discontinuing them. My dog loves them!  
  • peter021072peter021072 Forumite
    75 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    The Saxon kitchen towel from Aldi are not as good as the Florays towels from Lidl, they are narrower and not as absorbent, I shall not be getting them again.
    Unravelling the start of Saxon toilet paper roll is always a joke. You can end up ripping up a fair part of the roll.  It's difficult to believe the company haven't solved it yet or why Aldi keep buying from them. 
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen any of the Earls dog dental sticks for sale in Aldi lately?  Are they just out of stock or discontinuing them. My dog loves them!  
    Bought a box of 28 last week in my local store, the packaging has changed from yellow to blue for that box, I am not sure about the packs of 7 sticks are changing colour but I seem to remember seeing them on the shelf in the old yellow packs.

• CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned the Aldi Choco-lo low sugar chocolate above (the Plain variety was okay, though not "plain" enough for me, and with a slightly weird texture).

I tried the Milk version this week, which is much, much better - almost like a completely different product.   It's not overly sweet, but it is creamy and has a proper melty texture.  
    ex Board Guide

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cherries in Lidl this week for 79p are tasty, may have been unlucky with the peaches as all 6 were a bit ripe on the bottom, something that I should have checked at the time, the top half were all OK and went well with the Bourbon Vanilla ice cream that I got at the time.
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    The cherries in Lidl this week for 79p are tasty, may have been unlucky with the peaches as all 6 were a bit ripe on the bottom, something that I should have checked at the time, the top half were all OK and went well with the Bourbon Vanilla ice cream that I got at the time.
    Peaches and vanilla ice-cream are a great combination! The peaches in my local store were 4/pack but they were a reasonable size. I'm guessing yours were tiddlers? They are still sitting in the fridge with my cherries.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of the Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate. Sadly the price keeps creeping up. It's now £1..49. Doesn't seem that long ago it was 99p.☹️ Still tastes good though. 😋

The traffic light system which replaced the charming concierge on the door is breaking down. It's the fault of the selfish members of the public rather than Aldi but nevertheless a problem. The green light is on long enough for large groups to get through so the 1 person per trolley had gone out of the window. Complete families, couples etc were shopping together. It was obvious from the increased noise levels that there were far too many people in the store to allow for social distancing. 

I suspect that the government is actively working towards dropping social distancing as a policy to get schools and the hospitality industry up and running but it seems to be falling apart without their 'help'. ☹️
  • mikbmikb Forumite
    349 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Glad my local ALDI still has sentient beings controlling the flow of people in and out then ... even if that does mean a longer queue outside.