Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• jaks111
    jaks111 Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have Lidl discontinued the Batts sweet chilli Sauce hint of ginger in a bottle I have been in 3 times assistant didn’t seem to know.... 
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 June 2020 at 8:12AM
    Options
    The Saxon kitchen towel from Aldi are not as good as the Florays towels from Lidl, they are narrower and not as absorbent, I shall not be getting them again.
  • peter021072
    peter021072 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone seen any of the Earls dog dental sticks for sale in Aldi lately?  Are they just out of stock or discontinuing them. My dog loves them!  
  • peter021072
    peter021072 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Saxon kitchen towel from Aldi are not as good as the Florays towels from Lidl, they are narrower and not as absorbent, I shall not be getting them again.
    Unravelling the start of Saxon toilet paper roll is always a joke. You can end up ripping up a fair part of the roll.  It's difficult to believe the company haven't solved it yet or why Aldi keep buying from them. 
    Options
    Has anyone seen any of the Earls dog dental sticks for sale in Aldi lately?  Are they just out of stock or discontinuing them. My dog loves them!  
    Bought a box of 28 last week in my local store, the packaging has changed from yellow to blue for that box, I am not sure about the packs of 7 sticks are changing colour but I seem to remember seeing them on the shelf in the old yellow packs.

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I mentioned the Aldi Choco-lo low sugar chocolate above (the Plain variety was okay, though not "plain" enough for me, and with a slightly weird texture).

I tried the Milk version this week, which is much, much better - almost like a completely different product.   It's not overly sweet, but it is creamy and has a proper melty texture.  
    Options
    The cherries in Lidl this week for 79p are tasty, may have been unlucky with the peaches as all 6 were a bit ripe on the bottom, something that I should have checked at the time, the top half were all OK and went well with the Bourbon Vanilla ice cream that I got at the time.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The cherries in Lidl this week for 79p are tasty, may have been unlucky with the peaches as all 6 were a bit ripe on the bottom, something that I should have checked at the time, the top half were all OK and went well with the Bourbon Vanilla ice cream that I got at the time.
    Peaches and vanilla ice-cream are a great combination! The peaches in my local store were 4/pack but they were a reasonable size. I'm guessing yours were tiddlers? They are still sitting in the fridge with my cherries.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate. Sadly the price keeps creeping up. It's now £1..49. Doesn't seem that long ago it was 99p.☹️ Still tastes good though. 😋

The traffic light system which replaced the charming concierge on the door is breaking down. It's the fault of the selfish members of the public rather than Aldi but nevertheless a problem. The green light is on long enough for large groups to get through so the 1 person per trolley had gone out of the window. Complete families, couples etc were shopping together. It was obvious from the increased noise levels that there were far too many people in the store to allow for social distancing. 

I suspect that the government is actively working towards dropping social distancing as a policy to get schools and the hospitality industry up and running but it seems to be falling apart without their 'help'. ☹️
  • mikb
    mikb Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad my local ALDI still has sentient beings controlling the flow of people in and out then ... even if that does mean a longer queue outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure