Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 22 May at 11:06AM in Gone Off!
1.5K replies 201K views
1148149150152154

Replies

  • mamanmaman Forumite
    25.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing that redfox. Good idea to separate the threads as I do believe discussing shortages is appropriate for the shopping board, if not this thread. I think perhaps it would be noticed more in the main body of the board though. 🤔
  • edited 21 May at 12:55PM
    CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 May at 12:55PM
    New product at Aldi:

    Specialist Coleslaw - 3 varieties:   Cheese, Coronation and Yogurt Rainbow.     each 300g/85p.  Vegan Coleslaw is also back in stock.

    Aldi mixed pallet Taco Beans/Chilli Beans are also back in stock after being absent for a month or so.
    ex Board Guide

  • briskbeatsbriskbeats Forumite
    247 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea where Lidl keep their Freefrom/GF items? In the store I use, there used to be a dedicated area, next to the chocolates. Now seen a couple of FF items dotted about in the biscuits. Couldn't see any bread in the bread/bakery section.

    Asking as probably very good chance I will be told to go on GF (and probably dairy free) or a reduced gluten diet if I am fully confirmed to have Hashimoto's. Before anyone asks how do I know I am almost certain to have Hashimotos - on Googling the substance in my blood which is sky high - Hashimotos always comes up in the results.

    If I do need a GF diet, I don't need GF cakes. Probably bread, pasta, crackers type things.
  • edited 21 May at 6:40PM
    CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 May at 6:40PM
    Does anyone have an idea where Lidl keep their Freefrom/GF items? 
    I think the range is so small as to be fitted-in where there is a suitable gap in each store.   I've seen it on an aisle end, and in my local store there is a small selection with the baking items and tinned fruit.
    ex Board Guide

  • briskbeatsbriskbeats Forumite
    247 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea where Lidl keep their Freefrom/GF items? 
    I think the range is so small as to be fitted-in where there is a suitable gap in each store.   I've seen it on an aisle end, and in my local store there is a small selection with the baking items and tinned fruit.
    Is Aldi any better?
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea where Lidl keep their Freefrom/GF items? 
    I think the range is so small as to be fitted-in where there is a suitable gap in each store.   I've seen it on an aisle end, and in my local store there is a small selection with the baking items and tinned fruit.
    Is Aldi any better?
    No, not at all.   (Their preferred niche area is Vegan).
    ex Board Guide

  • harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    maman said:
    Thanks for doing that redfox. Good idea to separate the threads as I do believe discussing shortages is appropriate for the shopping board, if not this thread. I think perhaps it would be noticed more in the main body of the board though. 🤔
    redfox obviously hasn't been listening judging by the number of new shortage posts since they removed the earlier ones!!
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    25.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    harz99 said:
    maman said:
    Thanks for doing that redfox. Good idea to separate the threads as I do believe discussing shortages is appropriate for the shopping board, if not this thread. I think perhaps it would be noticed more in the main body of the board though. 🤔
    redfox obviously hasn't been listening judging by the number of new shortage posts since they removed the earlier ones!!
    I think it's a bit of a Fawlty Towers situation. We can highlight shortages provided we 'Don't mention the .....'. We did it once. 😉
  • harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    maman said:
    harz99 said:
    maman said:
    Thanks for doing that redfox. Good idea to separate the threads as I do believe discussing shortages is appropriate for the shopping board, if not this thread. I think perhaps it would be noticed more in the main body of the board though. 🤔
    redfox obviously hasn't been listening judging by the number of new shortage posts since they removed the earlier ones!!
    I think it's a bit of a Fawlty Towers situation. We can highlight shortages provided we 'Don't mention the .....'. We did it once. 😉
    It would be better if the board guide stopped meddling, as obviously a shortage is a bad buy as In it ain't on the shelf to buy = equals not a good buy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals