Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 151

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 22 May at 11:06AM in Gone Off!
1.5K replies 198.1K views

Replies

• od244051od244051 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing - if Aldi/Lidl keep having to bin certain flavours from mixed cases as date is up, that's more costly than having individual cases of the 2-3 flavours which actually sell. Even more so if they hardly ever reduce these good selling flavours!
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Lidl frozen take away pizzas @ 1.79 are delicious and I would say as close to a takeaway pizza you can get. Nicer than any other supermarket even the freshly made supermarket ones. 
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • briskbeatsbriskbeats Forumite
    102 posts
    10 Posts
    Read some posts on this thread about mixed cases. Bought some cottage cheese from Lidl. Mixed cases are of plain and low fat. Then another mixed case of chives and pineapple varieties.

Plus a Simply... (budget line) plain one too
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read some posts on this thread about mixed cases. Bought some cottage cheese from Lidl. Mixed cases are of plain and low fat. Then another mixed case of chives and pineapple varieties.

Plus a Simply... (budget line) plain one too
    That's fortunate. I bought the one and only tub of cottage cheese (plain, budget) left in my Aldi today. maybe Aldi and Lidl have different suppliers as stock has been low in Aldi for several weeks. 

Week 3 of no prunes in Aldi today too. 
  • S_ukS_uk Forumite
    100 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    No own brand ketchup in my local Lidl for a good few weeks now.
  • harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Continuing my negative experiences with Aldi fruit, the latest EE easy peelers oranges are from Cyprus and live up to their name, however despite being dated to the 18th they are dehydrated and pithy inside, another poor option. 
    102 posts
    10 Posts
    harz99 said:
    Continuing my negative experiences with Aldi fruit, the latest EE easy peelers oranges are from Cyprus and live up to their name, however despite being dated to the 18th they are dehydrated and pithy inside, another poor option. 
    Should have submitted my Aldi satsuma to Guinness World Records 2-3 years ago - 34 pips in one satsuma. Had some EP satsumas and weren’t EP at all. Largest piece of peel came of was similar to a 20p coin.
    102 posts
    10 Posts
    S_uk said:
    Same with any baked beans- only got the yucky Heinz ones. Store has put a shipper of Maggi So Juicy in the area
  • Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Lidl have put some new baskets in my local store,new and totally useless.The wheels don't turn easily so it's like pulling a knackered suitcase.
    Do they not test these things first !!!
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    S_uk said:
    I saw half an outer of Batt's in Lidl earlier today amongst a sea of Heinz.

I'd bought a bottle of Hubbard's from Sainsburys instead and that will last me until the kitchen is due to be decommissioned!
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.