IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

first parking eye appeal unsuccessful

hello there ive recently recived a pcn from parkingeye for an overstay of 20mins (2hrs 20mins) total. (I'm sure it said 3 hrs) woops I spent money in the services there.
i used the template to respond to them. they have replied unsuccessful due to no evidence.

what is my best move moving forward do I need to pay these people.

best wishes

thank you Bil

Replies

• FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a PoPLA code, then use it.

Create your draft appeal using all relevant points from post 3 of the NEWBIES then post it here before you submit it.

What happened when you complained to the landowner/services manager.

When you say you spent money there, I assume you meant you were "an occupant of the car." ;)

You wouldn't want anyone to think the person who spent money was The Driver now would you?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and the public's ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Second Reading in the Lords this month, and, with a fair wind, will l become Law later this year..

All five readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 7-8 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 10 May 2019 at 10:38AM
    tongztongz Forumite
    9 Posts
    edited 10 May 2019 at 10:38AM
    ]hello again thanks for the replys.

so i didnt do anything with the popla code i wasnt sure what was best and i stuggle with dyslexia that puts me off.

anyway today ive had a claim form from northamton county court business center with court fees and legal rep costs i didnt even know it was going to court.

now im really not sure whats best going forward or what is this court/business center.

iv added a copy of the first page any advice in what i should do is much appreciated.

https ://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAhadNBCDj-QSH0E5acxX2j5pJw2E4u4/view?usp=sharing

(there is a space in the link that needs removing after https)

best wishes thanks Bil
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to have another look at your image - your VRM is clearly visible - hence why I did not liven up your link!!!
  • edited 10 May 2019 at 10:38AM
    tongztongz Forumite
    9 Posts
    edited 10 May 2019 at 10:38AM
    not sure what the vrm is please forgive me and thanks for the help

thanks new link
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that he means VRN, the vehicl's registration number.

Have you complained to your MP yet?

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean VRM the Vehicle Registration Mark and it has gone now, so here is your link made live: -
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAhadNBCDj-QSH0E5acxX2j5pJw2E4u4/view
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a Claim Issue Date of 7th May, you have until Tuesday 28th May to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 10th June 2019 to file your Defence.

That's a whole month away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to [email protected]
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • edited 10 May 2019 at 1:22PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 May 2019 at 1:22PM
    so i didnt do anything with the popla code i wasnt sure what was best and i stuggle with dyslexia that puts me off.
    So you decided to be sued instead, and have to write and collate a defence, witness statement and evidence? Not my choice, and surely not for you either!

You might have got this cancelled with one phone call to Welcome Break (too late now).

Now you will have to do all this work (do NOT write on or use the claim form paperwork) and face a hearing at your local court.

Re the defence, once you have submitted the AOS online FIRST, you should search this forum for ParkingEye Motorway Services defence
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, PE signs leave much to be desired. I doubt that many judges would agree that they are capable of forming a contract, read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5972164
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum