Help to Save

Options

Comments

• Mon_24
    Options
    Hi,
    I am woild  like to open the Help to save account but I already have a help to buy isa, would this affect me applying for thus scheme? As all the talks of savings  and limits

Thanks 

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Mon_24 said:
    Hi,
    I am woild  like to open the Help to save account but I already have a help to buy isa, would this affect me applying for thus scheme? As all the talks of savings  and limits

Thanks 

Open it if you meet the criteria, H2S and H2B are two totally different things.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Mon_24
    Options
    Ok will try it. Thank you
  • Mazza6911
    Options
    If i currently have a help to save account which expires march 23 am I allowed to open a new one when that one finishes? Or do you only get to do it once? 
  • AlwaysLearnin
    Options
    Mazza6911 said:
    If i currently have a help to save account which expires march 23 am I allowed to open a new one when that one finishes? Or do you only get to do it once? 
    The "What happens after 4 years" section in the following gov.uk link would suggest not:

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-savings-low-income

Might be worth trying though...
  • losdemas2000
    Options
    Mazza6911 said:

Once only. That's it.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
     Is it per family or individual? Mine is about to finish but was hoping hubby could open one? 
  • losdemas2000
    Options
    My account reached it's 48-month anniversary on 23.03.22. Paid the max £50 in every month for 4 years! Account should have been closed on 31st March and the balance transferred, with the bonus following shortly after. Yet, in common with similar issues two years ago, the site is displaying multiple examples of incorrect information, including that no bonus is payable, and that In order to qualify for a bonus you should have a final balance of more than £2400 in the account in the final two years (impossible, ofc). Screenshots below.

I have reported this via their contact form and presume (pray!) that the errors will be corrected within the next few days (as happened two years ago). If they're not, I'm in trouble as I have an interest free credit card for purchases which needs paying in the next couple of weeks, as the interest-free period (~18 mths) expires - and the balance on it is roughly equivalent to the balance + bonus on my HTS account! Very carefully planned over 4 years, but could be in serious financial trouble if the Govt screw this up.

• iwant2savemoney
    Options
    My account reached it's 48-month anniversary on 23.03.22. Paid the max £50 in every month for 4 years! Account should have been closed on 31st March and the balance transferred, with the bonus following shortly after. Yet, in common with similar issues two years ago, the site is displaying multiple examples of incorrect information, including that no bonus is payable, and that In order to qualify for a bonus you should have a final balance of more than £2400 in the account in the final two years (impossible, ofc). Screenshots below.

I have reported this via their contact form and presume (pray!) that the errors will be corrected within the next few days (as happened two years ago). If they're not, I'm in trouble as I have an interest free credit card for purchases which needs paying in the next couple of weeks, as the interest-free period (~18 mths) expires - and the balance on it is roughly equivalent to the balance + bonus on my HTS account! Very carefully planned over 4 years, but could be in serious financial trouble if the Govt screw this up.

Mines showing the same, also they've also took another payment out even though I'm at maximum paid in amount.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Mines showing the same, also they've also took another payment out even though I'm at maximum paid in amount.
    They don't take anything - it's a standing order that you set up. Payments will continue to be made until you cancel the standing order that you set up.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback