PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• MrsLottie
    Options
    Oh dear Slowdown ,it’s so hard when our close ones are so upset .why we feel the need to stuff something into our mouth I do not know cos it can’t help them and it certainly doesn’t help us. I think it’s because we feel so helpless , my daughter and her husband long so much to have a baby and I feel like I can’t help the situation one little bit and then that anxiety for them somehow turns into me eating chocolate ! Crazy business - we’ve just got to keep on fighting the urge and chatting on here helps too. Good luck with banning the goodies or just have one little item if you can .
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,772 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2019 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

I went running this morning in between taking my friends to fat class and picking them up again afterwards. I am declaring a loss of 2 lbs this week. I'm pleased with that.

hatful-of-hollow and natlie, I've added you to the list and welcome :)

SIRENS 1 lb is still 4 blocks of butter and 1lb a week is over 4 stone in a year. Well done :T

Slowdown well done on getting back into your swimming. I really missed running when I was too poorly to do it. My cousin was diagnosed with MND a year ago so I feel for you and your friend. I feel for your poor daughter too - tricksy things relationships and break ups.

savesummore you could always go for a little walk without the dog as well or would that make you feel like a traitor? Walking is good for strengthening your core muscles anyway so even without your DVD you're doing yourself good.

dumpling.....brekky.....on running days I have a scant spoonful of peanut butter spread on a small loaf sized piece of wholemeal toast. I slice a banana on top and sling another piece of toast on top of that. On non-running days I have 25g of couscous (add boiling water, microwave for 30 seconds then add a spoonful of skinny syrup - it tastes fine), with half a yogurt, raspberries, blueberries and 10g of Asda protein granola sprinkled on top (I do like to have crunchy food). On Sundays I have 2 small pieces of toast, half a small tin of beans with some grated cheese mixed in, 2 bacon medallions and some mushrooms. Actually I have a lot of mushrooms but that's ok.

star trek fan those kind of anniversaries are always hard. Ten years on, the anniversary of the late MrC's death (and his birthday) still have a tendency to grab me by the throat so to speak. Go easy on yourself.

Take care all of you :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,772 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2019 at 5:03PM
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

Imperial (lbs)

big5 ....................2/14-/:):)/-/
    Brambling.............2.5/10 :)/:)/;)/
    Cranky..................4.5/11 :)/;)/:)/:):)
    dandy-candy..........0.5/14-/:);)/:D/STS
    Doing it my way.....0/10:):)/STS/:D:D/
    dumpling...............5/14:):):):)/:)/STS/
    Edina Typhoon........0/8-/-/-/
    fit and freaky.........6/16:)/STS/:):):):):)/
    Ginmonster............1/5 -/STS/:)/
    GreenEcoGirl..........2.5/0-/:):);)/STS/
    hatful-of-hollow......0/7-/-/-/
    Izadora..................1/14-/-/-/:)
    katiepants..............2/10-/-/:):)/
    LadyGada..............1.5/10-/:);)/-/
    monks...................3/10-/:)/:):)/
    MrsLottie................2/10-/;)/:);)/
    Munchin.................6/14:)/:):)/:):):)/
    natlie.....................0/5-/-/-/
    Plain Jane...............0/7-/-/-/
    Rose Wood.............1/7-/:)/STS/
    savesummore.........2.5/10-/:)/:);)
    SIRENS..................2/14 :)/STS/STS/:)
    Slowdown..............2/14-/-/:):)/
    star trek fan............+2/7-/:)/-/:D:D:D
    Sue14....................3/10:):)/:)/STS/
    VickyV....................3/11-/STS/:):):)/
    zafiro1984..............2.5/14-/:)):);)/-/

Metric (kg)

butterfly 2507 0.8/0-/-/:)/
    ktj...............0/10-/-/-/
    Ricarda........0/3.5-/-/-/

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 14 lbs
    Group weight loss week 2............ 20 lbs
    Group weight loss week 3.............19.5 lbs & 0.8kg
    Group weight loss week 4...............1 lb
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Its been a lovely day today, quite warm for February and the sun shining. I started the day with taking DGD to school and carried on with a walk afterwards. I then started putting things back into the kitchen and utility room. I still can't decide what to do about the colour - it definitely looks blue most of the time. I think I shall wait for the new blinds to arrive and then decide whether to bite the bullet and repaint or not.

I had a dental appointment, just a check up, so another walk and then played tennis this afternoon. It was really lovely weather and the group I play with great fun. I've not had any problem achieving my steps and am up to 22,000 so far for today.

Lunch: Piece of smoked salmon and a mini cucumber.
    Dinner: Chicken thigh cooked in the air fryer, with last of my six vegetable medley, peas and half a small jacket potato (with butter).
    Treats: 4 squares of dark chocolate - Twice!! I felt the need of cheering up when thinking about the extra expense of redoing the kitchen walls! No wonder I'm still not losing any weight.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • RicardaRacoon
    Options
    Evening all

I almost had one of these tired bing eating sessions yesterday night. Fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up past ten I had the urge to eat something, anything really.... But I told myself it was not worth it and went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth without a detour to the kitchen and the fridge....

Today I had
    B bread with almond spread

L polenta with mushroom, cauli
    D rice and veggie stirfry
    S half a brownie, one small bit of chocolate
    E 45 min walk

I had a sneak peak on the scales this morning and it looks like it will be one of these weeks where you put so much effort into it and still gain or have a sts. But if you are lucky - and stick to the plan - the next week is one of the nice, big losses...

SLowdown, it is so hard when you see others going through hard times and there isn't much really to help them.

Izadora, well done on beating google maps! I find walking home is much nicer than walking somewhere.

Dumpling: breakkie.... I usually have bread with something on top (butter and jam, honey, some nut spread) or porridge with fruit in winter. In summer I mostly have fruit with yoghurt or bread with soft cheese and cucumber

star, hope you got through the day fine! These anniversaries are so hard.

have a lovely day everyone
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    STS. Please Cranky I'm a little disappointed as other than a family birthday dinner and cake I thought I was being good and I have eaten so many vegetables this week. Without giving you TMI the veg isn't moving things along as well as I hoped they would :o

My breakfast during the week tends to be the same porridge and fruit usually banana and blueberries in the winter and fat free Greek yogurt and fruit during the summer. Weekends I often skip it and have a early lunch.

Star I hope you are feeling better, just get this week out of the way and start again. We lost my dad 35 years ago today and although he was on my mind today they were good memories :)

B - porridge and fruit I had banana, blueberries and nectarine today
    L - should of been egg and cheese salad but I didn't fancy the salad so picked at the cheese and egg and had with crackers
    D - Singapore noodles with LO roast pork
    S shortbread biscuit
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    I'm sad to report that I gained 0.1 kg. Nothing that a bit of clean eating and sport can't change but it's still annoying :p:D
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Day 4 of sticking to my calories. Today I had multi grain hoops and a cup of tea for breakfast, same for dinner with two ceackers with pate on and tomatobon toast for tea and a chocolate digestive 🤣, weigh in on friday i have everything crossed x
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 February 2019 at 7:47AM
    Options
    MrsLottie wrote: »
    Oh dear Slowdown ,it’s so hard when our close ones are so upset .why we feel the need to stuff something into our mouth I do not know cos it can’t help them and it certainly doesn’t help us. I think it’s because we feel so helpless , my daughter and her husband long so much to have a baby and I feel like I can’t help the situation one little bit and then that anxiety for them somehow turns into me eating chocolate ! Crazy business - we’ve just got to keep on fighting the urge and chatting on here helps too. Good luck with banning the goodies or just have one little item if you can .

Why we do it, I know not either. It doesn't make sense because you can't eat away someone else's pain. Chatting on here definitely helps. You know you're just one of a group who understands exactly how you feel. My daughter didn't go to work yesterday and instead we had a cosy day of baking, visiting the garden centre, raking leaves and watching tv. Not to mention huge amounts of tea drinking and a couple of beers.

Despite all of this I managed to register a 1lb loss! It must be those calories devoted to fuelling anxiety that I have been using!

CRANKY40, sorry to hear about your cousin. It's such a difficult diagnosis to take on board. All the more reason for us to look after ourselves properly, then we can help those who are in the greatest need. Thank you for your support.

RicardaRacoon, thank you for your kind thoughts. And well done for not attacking the fridge for a late night snack. That is one of the easiest things to do and the hardest things to avoid!

Izadora, you're so right. Way easier to deal with your own problems than watch others suffer. It's out of your control. All you can do is provide an environment where it makes others feel comfortable and supported. You can't take their pain away but you can make it easier for them to deal with their own. It must be so hard for people to deal with their problems without family or a friend's support and from what you hear, there are many people who have to do exactly that.

I feel very grateful for being part of this group. It gives exactly the support I've been talking about and there is absolutely no judgement. I hope everyone has a smashing day and, as far as anyone is able, the eating plans are stuck to.

:)
  • katiepants
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

It feels like spring today, and I'm here to report a 1/2lb loss this morning.

Tuesday started well but degenerated into 3 pieces of cake and 2 hobnobs.. Oops, I am weak when I'm tired!

Yesterday was much better with the exception of a glass of wine (Mum came for tea), and I have high hopes for today:

B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s/ milk
    L: Aldi beef soup (won't get this again, so salty!), wholemeal thin, clementine, muller light
    T: Tuna steak, baby corn, brocolli, roast potatoes
    S: Fibre 1 brownie

About to go for my lunchtime walk and can't wait, it looks so lovely and sunny out there!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport