Virgin media robbing my Grandmother!

Options

Comments

• Avril1991
    Options
    lindze wrote: »
    Having been a virgin tv customer for years, before you can use one of their set top boxes it has to be activated to be connected to the network. Engineers still do this by telephoning virgin and a self install would be the same. So if virgin are adamant that they sent a box they should have records of when it was activated.
    Did you do a formal GDPR request to virgin to try and get every phone call recording, correspondence and virgins internal system notes? Did the adjudicator ask for all of this?

I requested a DSAR from VM on the 5th September 2018 and was told I would receive it in 30 days. I never recieved it.

Virgin Media confirmed in their response letter that I made this request.

In the adjudicators response it says "The customer made no explicit claim regarding the Issues with the DSAR. I note that this falls outside of my remit as an adjudicator to decide whether the company has complied with its data privacy obligations. For that reason and since the customer has requested no specific remedy regarding the same, I shall make no determinationon that matter."

I made contact with VM over the phone and by Email since and they refuse to dicuss anything with me unless through CISAS.

I assumed the adjudicator would ask them for it, with me requesting it and not recieving but I was wrong.

Can you give me advice on what action I take on not recieving the "DSAR" please?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Avril1991 wrote: »
    Can you give me advice on what action I take on not recieving the "DSAR" please?
    Complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO).
    Good luck. :D
  • BoyWithTheBlues
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint, but I've had both for many years.
    TV is from Sky and BB is Virgin.
    Best of both worlds (and neither at full price) ;)

Sorry, I meant concurrent TV services from both Sky and Virgin which is what Virgin are claiming is the case here.

They are claiming the elderly lady in question had a 'Fun TV' Virgin Media package at the same time she had a Sky TV package also.

The number of people in the UK who have both services at the same time would be minute.
  • Scarynewlife
    Options
    I actually do have both sky and virgin TV so its not unheard of. Sky tv downstairs and virgin tv upstairs as an add on to the phone and BB. Was a cheaper option than sky multiroom and I need virgin fibre. Quite a few people in my town do the same so I wouldnt bank on using that argument
  • lindze
    lindze Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If virgin haven't complied with a formal request under gdpr then I would contact the IOC for assistance
  • lindze
    lindze Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry I meant ICO
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    A good read. OP - I'd keep fighting this personally. Albeit from someone who doesn't know the legal ramifications, it seems from the outside looking in that you've got a chance here. I assume you're looking to get back all the money your Grandmother has paid for the TV package? What's the total?
  • vet8
    vet8 Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck op.

It annoys me how some people respond on these boards when someone posts asking for help. Some posters are so judgmental and rude.

The op's gran is an elderly lady, a lot of elderly people are confused by technology and that is why they get ripped off by fraudsters. I can easily imagine a situation where an elderly person would be massively overcharged for their bills and not realise it for years. If the bill had always been £50 they would assume it was right. A lot of elderly people were brought up in the age when you did not query things.

I wonder if some of the posters here have got grandmothers.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A good read. OP
    vet8 wrote: »
    Good luck op.
    I believe this was another wind up thread boys, trust me.
    Two members of the same family in this thread, plus a third new user who apparently is involved too? Please.
    vet8 wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the posters here have got grandmothers.
    I suggest you read the thread more dispassionately.. :)
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Enough now.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income