Interest details on HMRC Personal Tax Account. Updated to include how to access interest details.

edited 2 October 2019 at 5:27PM in Savings & Investments
766 replies 87.3K views

Replies

• andy_poultonandy_poulton Forumite
    83 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    OMG I cannot believe that you are still having to bang on to them.
    FRUSTRATING is not the word. Interesting comments though from the advisor. So as thought just leave it for them to tell US.
    In the space of 3 days mine had kept changing. As I commented before WHO or WHAT keeps interfering with all this info.
    I was about to ring them on the back of this and what has been said.
    Re read my note, double checked and although they said I owe them and going to take it during this tax year and alter my coding. THE ALTERED IT UP to give me MORE of an allowance. So sticking with it and not waste any more time and effort
  • polymaffpolymaff Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite remarkable.  How do I get away with none of this stress? Simple - forget PTAs and BTAs - just complete an SA100.
  • edited 17 October 2020 at 3:56PM
    caveman38caveman38 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 17 October 2020 at 3:56PM
    So in a nutshell. Going forward. Will it now be impossible to access the page - Interest earned from your accounts: details
    I assume Dazed & Confused will know the answer
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    caveman38 said:
    So in a nutshell. Going forward. Will it now be impossible to access the page - Interest earned from your accounts: details
    Even someone as imperiously well informed as @Dazed_and_C0nfused is unlikely to know what on earth goes on at HMRC IT web design. To be fair, I doubt anyone anywhere in HRMC would either have or give an answer. 
  • polymaffpolymaff Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you see the word BETA at the bottom of your PTA Account Home page?
    HMRC projects have been taking years to get to a working state.
    Play with BETA systems if you like, but don't be shocked if they don't work and/or change unpredictably.
  • talexusertalexuser Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    molerat said:
    You could alter the interest amounts at one time, worked for me.

Out of perhaps 25 accounts, at any one time only the same 2 or 3 were editable for me, and then went back to where they were some weeks afterwards anyway.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfusedDazed_and_C0nfused Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    RG2015 said:
    caveman38 said:
    Even someone as imperiously well informed as @Dazed_and_C0nfused is unlikely to know what on earth goes on at HMRC IT web design. To be fair, I doubt anyone anywhere in HRMC would either have or give an answer. 

Sorry to have to disappoint but the best I can do is refer to this from HMRC's own forum.  Basically it seems this information is no longer available online.

https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/forums/customerforums/pt/cbe1bd87-c5c1-ea11-bf21-00155d977196
  • edited 17 October 2020 at 7:46PM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 October 2020 at 7:46PM
    RG2015 said:
    caveman38 said:

Sorry to have to disappoint but the best I can do is refer to this from HMRC's own forum.  Basically it seems this information is no longer available online.

https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/forums/customerforums/pt/cbe1bd87-c5c1-ea11-bf21-00155d977196
    I stand corrected. Not only did @Dazed_and_C0nfused indeed have an answer but an HMRC bod had one as well!
  • caveman38caveman38 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information D&C although informative. You've disappointed many. Now it's the long slog on the phone.
  • ImeldaImelda Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have had the slog on the phone this morning. It was very hard work and not at all helpful.
    she couldn't even tell me how to report my interest other than to say I need to contact the banks to tell them to report to HMRC... except I don't know which ones have and which ones haven't and how much they have declared. She did say she would post out to me a copy of the list they hold (which makes me question why it can't be shown online?).
    I am thinking of copying my interest certificates for 2019/2020 and posting them to HMRC. I can't even log on to my self assessment account (she couldn't help me with that either) to be able to do a tax return (which I don't think I need to do for interest under £10k, do I?)
    what an utter shambles this is.
    Saving for an early retirement!