Interest details on HMRC Personal Tax Account. Updated to include how to access interest details.

edited 2 October 2019 at 5:27PM in Savings & Investments
766 replies 87.3K views
1717273747577»

Replies

• ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    2010 said:
    eskbanker said:
    Easy enough to update now using the online Personal tax account. 
    I thought that a recurring theme throughout this thread was that this isn't possible, at least not all the time for all the people....
    Funnily enough was in my account earlier today and the facility is there to notify and update changes in other sources of income. 
    You are correct but it doesn`t include savings interest.
    Mine comes up as non coded income. 
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    RG2015 said:
    On my latest PTA, the estimated interest for 21/22 is way above any year from 19/20 to 21/22.

I have just spoken to HMRC and they are going to send me their detailed breakdowns for 20/21 and 21/22. The say I should have their letter within 10 days.

Strangely, their current estimates are also way above their own figure for their reference year of 19/20.

I received the BBSI breakdown today, so from Friday to Tuesday is pretty efficient.

All the entries are marked c/f (carried forward?) and include figures relating to 18/19 and 19/20 including closed accounts and accounts with much smaller amounts for subsequent years.

All it will take is for actual figures for new accounts to be added to their current estimates to push me over £1,000 for either 20/21 or 21/22.

At least I am now ahead of the game.
  • 20102010 Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like we always knew, HMRC are using previous data to estimate future data.

Let it roll -------------------- if you overpay or underpay at the end of the tax year, I`m sure they`ll let us know.

If you keep your own tally each tax year of interest acrued you`ll know how you stand.
  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RG2015 "I have just spoken to HMRC .."

On the phone? I can never get through, I give up after 20 mins on hold.

Messaging has been mentioned before, but I can't see the facility on my account?

• eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver said:
    You may need to be a little more patient than that, although obviously many don't have that luxury in working hours....

soulsaver said:
    Messaging has been mentioned before, but I can't see the facility on my account?
    https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/ask-hmrc/webchat/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees takes you in when there's available capacity (not at the time of posting!)
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver said:
    @RG2015 "I have just spoken to HMRC .."

The early posts on the attached thread may help.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6260792/hmrc-and-ridiculously-long-telephone-waits/p1