PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

After Greggs’ vegan sausage roll, what else would you veganise?

Options

Comments

• charlotte1994
    Options
    Everything!! If there was a vegan version of everything it would be amazing. I would love to see a perfect vegan version of scrambled egg.

I am vegetarian and mostly plant based but I do like to buy eggs and honey from locals, at least then I know where has come from and I can see the animals!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And yes a vegan lifestyle is a 1st World luxury.
    Agreed. If I was one of the 815 million undernourished in the world, I'd eat what I could get for the strength and not the taste.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • cod3
    cod3 Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Meat eating is a first world privilege. Eating plants is not. Anyone who took the bother to see which countries had the "luxury" of meat available to them would see that. Water and land are used to grow crops to feed to animals so that the animals can be eaten by those in the so called developed world, while millions starve. Manufacturing meat is a very inefficient use of the world's resources. Eating plants is not.

https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/environment/water-requirements
  • cod3
    Options
    So why do you want to name your food after processed dead animals?

If you look at an animal, you will not find these anatomical features:

burger
    sausage
    rasher
    finger (on a fish?)
    goujon
    poppers
    twizzler
    or wings on a buffalo for that matter ;)

They are just shapes of foods. People can read the words veggie/vegan-burger on a menu and easily understand what shape and size of food to expect.

The word sausage is derived from the Latin salsus meaning "salted" so I don't know why it bothers people so much.
  • cod3
    Options
    I am rapt with excitement! croissants & pains au chocolat made with that wonder food...... margarine!

You don't need to eat them.

Do you have anything on topic to add to the thread? The topic is:

Whether you’re vegan or not, what if anything would you like to see veganised? Or what’s the best vegan version you’ve seen or tasted? Let us know below.
  • cod3
    Options
    Everything!! If there was a vegan version of everything it would be amazing. I would love to see a perfect vegan version of scrambled egg.

Have you tried scrambled silken tofu? You can add a pinch of kala namak if you like eggy taste, but I like it with just a little turmeric and onion powder. High protein and zero cholesterol.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cod3 wrote: »
    You don't need to eat them.

Do you have anything on topic to add to the thread? The topic is:

Whether you’re vegan or not, what if anything would you like to see veganised? Or what’s the best vegan version you’ve seen or tasted? Let us know below.

OK, I wouldn't like anything "veganised".

No need. I'm an omnivore.
  • Maat
    Maat Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I am vegetarian and mostly plant based but I do like to buy eggs and honey from locals, at least then I know where has come from and I can see the animals!

I can highly recommend Amy's Kitchen's Breakfast Scramble Wrap. It can't be that eggy as I wouldn't be able to cope with the taste, but it is nice.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Amys-Kitchen-Breakfast-Scramble-Wrap/433447011?from=shop&tags=20911
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    Hi guys :) Just a quick note to let you know I've written a blog pulling together a few 'unexpected' restaurants with vegan options AND vouchers to get a discount :j Hopefully it'll add to the helpful tips on here :T Vegan-friendly restaurant deals for Veganuary. I got really hungry writing it :D
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Grouchy
    Grouchy Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have bought some jackfruit and tried a couple of recipies, very tasty and versatile. Am liking the spice as desired and crisp up on a baking try option of preparing so far, but will experiment more.

One thing, I got the Summer Pride brand in Sainsburys, very reasonable at £1.20. It did have a hardish 'core' which I removed. Are all brands the same?

Thanks again for the interesting thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure