PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

After Greggs’ vegan sausage roll, what else would you veganise?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Elliesmum wrote: »
    The oaty barista stuff is amazing Yes it is pricey at £1.80 a litre.
    Look at the ingredients and it’s 2 main constituants are Water & Oats and even then ONLY a miserly 10% oats! Then again let’s not forget the rapeseed oil, dipotassium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphates and iodised salt.

Not hard to see what industrial food companies are targeting vegans.... £££££££££££

I am going to make sure that the eggs I buy in the future are by local small producers where I can see the hens themselves.
    Round of applause.... healthy, sustainable and good for the environment!
  • cod3
    cod3 Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wish to point out that that is ‘Industrial’ food which is absolutely no different to industrial food produced for Vegan or come to think of it industrial anything else ie clothing produced in the Far East in sweat shops which abuse workers etc.

For those wanting to see what healthily, sustainable and environmentally friendly dairy really looks like....

Veganism is not a stance against food or clothing being produced on an industrial scale.

Veganism is a stance against animals being used as commodities on any scale.

Calves are removed from their mothers so that humans can drink their milk. Cows are impregnanted and made to produce milk then killed prematurely for meat. Your smiling farmer video does not change the fact that cows are used as commodities and disposed of when no longer profitable.

Animal agriculure is not sustainable or good for the environment as your will learn if you google "We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN." Dairy is not healthy either in my personal experience and opinion, but that is not my concern as a vegan.

My only concern as a vegan is that animals are used and abused by the dairy industry to produce milk for humans when this is not necessary. I am a mammal and was weaned as a baby so don't need to be drinking the milk of another species as an adult. Why would someone choose a milk that comes from suffering and death when there are so many alternatives including abstinence?

Why do some people constantly challenge veganism when all we want to do is abstain from unnecessary cruelty and death? Is there something so wrong with this?
  • cod3
    cod3 Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Look at the ingredients and it’s 2 main constituants are Water & Oats and even then ONLY a miserly 10% oats! Then again let’s not forget the rapeseed oil, dipotassium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphates and iodised salt.

Not hard to see what industrial food companies are targeting vegans.... £££££££££££

Maybe you could try making it and share your recipe. This is a moneysaving vegan thread after all :money:
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    The only thing I have really missed and cannot find a substitute for is eggs as eggs.
    Have you tried scrambled tofu, or the packet scrambled egg replacements? The packet ones are so realistic I cannot eat them :rotfl: TOO real!

I adore scrambled tofu though :j it's the best thing ever! If you want it super eggy flavoured you can add black salt - it's got that sulphurous eggy taste. I prefer scrambled tofu with simple spices - turmeric, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic and a splash of soy sauce - give it a go! It's so tasty, and you can make a big batch and use any leftovers in place of 'mince' in other recipes like stir fries or 'egg' fried rice :T
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure