Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019 - Page 118

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

2.1K replies 511.8K views

Replies

• Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my working day finished about 20 minutes ago!
    As I had the children all day ( well from 11.30), I couldn't sew until they were safely tucked in bed. So I didn't start my trolley full of work until about 7.30 or maybe later.
    My friend and her Son came round to see my workshop/cabin/shed. I must decide what to call it!! It needs a name. I keep thinking of it as the cow shed, but it is a beautiful wooden cabin and I need to rethink what to call it. The floor covering is being delivered tomorrow. I will attempt to lay it out to straighten up before I lay it properly.
    My bureau was delivered and the desk will be delivered soon along with a few shelves that I bought today.
    I was looking at the windows and now I am thinking about making curtains or Roman blinds for them. ( when I get time!).

The children were tiring, but much better behaved today. Less tantrums.
    All good.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, that is a long day Mooloo! I hope you sleep well and wake feeling refreshed.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the Portuguese for Casa Mia? If it's Casa like Spanish then Casa Mooloo has a nice ring. Or My Dream in Portuguese?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • edited 13 July 2019 at 8:24AM
    Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July 2019 at 8:24AM
    Meu Sanho is my dream.
    One step closer to one of the dreams.
    I took my work I did last night back in this morning, ironed it and got staff to call the customers. I actually sewed £171.50 worth last night. Took my car in to be serviced. Changed my contents policy. Sewed a few other necessary jobs and left work at 1.15. Collected the car and came home. Had lunch and then while Dgd kept an eye on the kids. I have heaved and tugged and laid the vynl flooring enough to let it settle etc before I actually trim it properly and glue it down. Boy that was hard and hot work.
    Apparently this morning DS sprayed another layer of varnish on Meu Sanho.
    I am just having a rejuvenating cuppa before I do anything else.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • edited 12 July 2019 at 2:35PM
    Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 July 2019 at 2:35PM
    Minha cabana dos Sanhos . Is my dream cabin
    So toying with that Sue.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Blimey, you have been busy :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is a slow start, I am Babysitting the 4 little ones from just after 11 am today while DS works and Biggest has a dance try out session.
    So wish me luck with the two families combined. Dgd just wants to take her Xbox!! Erm Nope!

I didn't do anything else last night. Social worker popped by unannounced to visit as I was in the garden with the boys. The meeting on Monday has been changed (yet again ) to Tuesday.
    Thankfully I have staff to cover the shop and Biggest to babysit the boys.
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey, you have been busy :)

Indeed. I feel tired just reading about it!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hb2 wrote: »
    Indeed. I feel tired just reading about it!
    Thought that was just me!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will be sleeping well tonight.
    Only another 8 hours to go ( or so!)

It's like refereeing a scrum.