Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have just skimmed through the newsletter and see that this thread is one of this week's featured threads:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning lovely ladies

Hello Frumpbegone. Welcome to the thread. You'll soon need to change your user name. :rotfl:

Frankie you are right, skin care can be a bit of minefield. Like anything else it's often down to trial and error.

I too would advocate care with skin scrubs, unless your skin is very congested and you suffer breakouts. Even then, If that's the case, then you might be better with steaming following by a deep cleansing clay based face mask. However, if your skin is generally clear then a normal skin cleanse should be enough.

Even very oily and congested skin needs TLC. I once met a poor teenage boy who suffered dreadfully from acne. His face often looked raw.....turns out the poor thing was using a Brillo pad on his face .......:eek:

Colder today. Brrrr. We had huge hailstones yesterday. Hopefully thus will be winters last hurrah and we can get on with summer.

My lunch date has cancelled but I think I will still go out and about as planned.
  • lessonlearned
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I have just skimmed through the newsletter and see that this thread is one of this week's featured threads:D:D

Ooh. Fame.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the link Maddiemay - I do need a few items so will be looking at the list! The caviar cream and mascara at the top of my list ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My new supplements just arrived, I love having Amazon Prime. I think it is totally worth the money.

I haven't lost anymore weight, mainly because I haven't really been trying to!:D

Haha, I am making a berry, banana and chia seed smoothie for breakfast and will make a huge chickpea salad for when I get back from my walk.

Tin of chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and a dressing. I will have half today and half tomorrow. Maybe with a slice of granary toast.

I'm wearing my short dress that I dyed blue, leggings, boots and a black New Look cardigan I forgot I bought. It's quite flattering as it goes in at the waist. Faux pearl and silver long necklace and my sunglasses as usual.

Hope everyone has a great day!:A

For anyone looking for new products Superdrug own ranges get a lot of love from the reputable and knowledgeable beauty press, all animal friendly (as are all their own brand products), not expensive, often on offer and contain I believe useful amounts of the beneficial ingredients. Vit E hot cloth cleanser and senstiive skin range well worth looking at.

I use a lot of Superdrug products.:)
  • lessonlearned
    I have started a WW support thread. No contributors yet.

Wednesday - don't fret, at least you have not gained. Staying the same is ok sometimes. According to WW I only lost 1/2 lb this week. No worries, better than nowt. I've broken that stone barrier and my clothes feel looser, I'm happy with that.

Have been out and about, decided not to eat out. We have a big family gathering at my favourite restaurant next Sunday so I'm hardly deprived. :D.

Warmer than I expected it to be so Im going to go for a walk. Then come home and do some yoga and then some hand sewing.

All is good.
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oh thanks for starting the WW support thread LL - finger was hovering over the button last night to join online lol - just need to figure out how long to join up for - thinking 3 months, but I think it works out cheaper to join for 9. Then I can certainly contribute!

You are so inspirational - I would love for my clothes to look nice on me again, and not 'lumpy' - I don't look bad from the front, a bit Nigella with the bust, waist and bum, but oh Dear God from the side I look like Max Wall for anyone who remembers him!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow!!:D Didn't we do well.:T
    I'm in desperate need of an overhaul and weight loss programme too! I'm in!

Welcome.:)

Thanks for the Superdrug info Maddie. I've used their hot cloth cleanser and it's fine. I don't use it any more but I do buy muslin cloths (Home Bargains) instead of face flannels.
    FrankieM wrote: »
    I'm finding all the skin care information mind boggling!

Though, funnily enough, my things to add for April are:

Daily skin care routine
    Eyebrow waxing

My eyebrows just need a gentle tidying up so I need to find someone who won't think I'm looking to get my money's worth and make them too thin. There's a local beauty place so I'll give them a go and see how I find them.

Now, skin care routines...I'm looking for suggestions and advice. What products do you use daily/weekly?

I do need an eye cream, though, as they are looking a bit saggy baggy and wrinkly.

Don't be put off Frankie. I'd say try some of the cheaper options to start with and see if they agree with your skin. If they don't then you can always use up cheap creams on your hands, feet, elbows etc. If you want to try more expensive products then I'd recommend dropping by the beauty counters and ask them to try them out on you. They might also give you a tester pot. I know the moisturiser I use (Benefit) has a guarantee that you can get a refund if it doesn't suit your skin.

Just be assertive in explaining what you want for your eyebrows. I must make an appointment myself. I have tinting too although it doesn't last long. :(

I've gradually changed my make up products over time to ones I love which are quite expensive. I try to buy them duty free when possible or have them as gifts from family and I'm quite mean with the amount I use.

My daily routine is:
    1. Clean face with either Clinique face wash and complexion brush or Clarins cleansing milk
    2. Shower with Argan Rose from Waitrose and then moisturise with Neutrogena body lotion (best dispenser) and some Palmers fake tan at the moment
    3. Cream feet with Aqueous Cream :o
    4. Toner (occasional) from Clarins but I'm going to try the rosewater.
    5. Clarins Serum or Flaxseed Oil (when I'm not in a hurry as it takes a while to soak in)
    6. Benefit Total Moisturiser
    7. Clinique eye cream (most eye creams are expensive but I have used Body Shop Vit E)
    8. Hand Cream: currently using up L'Occitane but I like Body Shop Hemp.
    Hope that helps a bit. It doesn't take long when you're in the routine but we're all different so it may not suit you.:)

As I posted before, I sometimes buy or receive gift sets from my favourite brands so I have 'freebie' small sizes of various products. Delighted to say I found another 15 mlBeauty Flash Balm in the drawer so I'm OK for a while but I'll definitely be buying some. I've also got some body scrubs (more Clarins) which I don't use. I don't think I need them on my face but I suppose I could use them u on knees, elbows?

It's another bright day here. I walked down to the little local Coop for milk as I like the BoB one. I do envy you the seaside humpty. These days I have to drive a bit to get there (not much about 20 minutes) but I used to live about a 5 minute walk away and miss it.:)

When I finish posting I'm going to do some handsewing too (you reminded me LL). Just a few running repairs but it's been waiting for a while.:o
  • Dorothy I do remember Max Wall, not my sort of humour but I bet you look loads better than him.

I had my hair consultation today. I'm hopeful, she did a patch test which took seconds but spent about ten to 15 minutes talking about colours and styles. We have agreed on a base colour which is slightly darker than mine but more ash less red with some highlights. I am a bit nervous but I liked her and that's half the battle. She can't fit me in till end of next week, I think that's a good sign that she's busy. I would love to feel really good about my hair, I suppose I'm lucky as I was happy with it till the last 2 or 3 years so I've done well overall. The patch test was 3 hours ago and no problems so far so that is good.

I think I might have conjunctivitis, started in my left eye last night but my right eye has joined in now. I'm using my usual eye drops but might pop round to the pharmacist if it doesn't get any better.

It is cold and miserable here today, we had sleet earlier so no visits to the beach today.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have started a WW support thread. No contributors yet.

Wednesday - don't fret, at least you have not gained. Staying the same is ok sometimes. According to WW I only lost 1/2 lb this week. No worries, better than nowt. I've broken that stone barrier and my clothes feel looser, I'm happy with that.

Yes, that is true that I haven't gained.:)

I joined in the WW thread. I wrote an essay on there, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure