Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I won't have a target (too ambitious with a newborn), so anything is a plus.
    You have all already inspired me to do something whilst my little man is asleep :)

My urgent projects are nappy liners, teething pads, and face cloths as those are needed, and then I have cards to make (at least one birthday card and an anniversary card this month).

After that, I'd like to start patchworking, make some cushions with the leftover curtain material I have, finish some old scrapbook pages (found out my Olympics keepsakes this weekend!), start my wedding and honeymoon scrapbooks... Ah who am I kidding, that won't all get done this year!

Nimbo, what is a cinch? I shouldn't be buying anything of course, but I do have a birthday coming up, and other people buying me things doesn't count! ;)
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ... and the nappy liners are half done! Productive naptime :)
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely to see so many new people on here, so welcome to everyone. A very friendly groupof ladies here.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow, finally I can report that I have finished by DD double blanket. It has taken MONTHs to do and she is very happy. So that is 2/12.

Already looking at what I am doing next but do intend to give crochet a break.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • chirpycheap
    Options
    Well done Craftingmad that is a cracking pace that you are setting for this challenge.

Nimbo- I love that embroidery that you linked. I assume that the work stays in the hoop as a frame? That's a super idea for a pretty frame.

Keepcalm & Craft and Emsi -Well done on the sewing. I do admire crafters who do practical stuff like making clothes and household items.

Bit byBit - I have just started a double crochet blanket. At this point we are deeply in love but I know that six months down the line I will probably feel a little differently!

I have found that one of the most helpful bits of this challenge is that it makes me stop and question any purchases that I make. I absolutely love craft shopping and I absolutely love a bargain and if those two are combined I just cannot resist!
    However this weekend my mindful craft shopping saw me say no to some bargain wool in the charity shop. It was a puce colour and I knew that I would probably never use it. I also said no to a nice knitting book in the Works. The craft books and art stuff are my nemesis but I resisted I just have so many books.

I've also not bought a craft magazine since Christmas. They are so expensive and I rarely do any of the projects in them but they just always call my name when I need a little pick me up!

Well done everyone. I enjoy reading your posts.
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Finished one of my letter writing pads at the weekend feel very pleased but I have about 6 more to use up.
    Went into paperchase and didn't buy anything, just wanted to look and I realise I buy stationery when I feel a bit confused or overwhelmed/stressed and want to feel in control/more positive about stuff, an intense realisation!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHmHGqqb5ug

It’s a tool that punches holes and then allows you to bind papers with a wire to make notebooks etc. Simple to use and fun. An easy way

I have set off more gin tonight and filled two bottles with gin. Controversially not a fan of the flavour.

28 / 400.

A slow start. But I’m moving forward.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 January 2019 at 4:39PM
    Options
    I have a gizmo that does the same thing nimbo. Never been out the box.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • chirpycheap
    Options
    I've used up 5 sentiment sticker sheets and 2 alphabet sheets on journal pages and filled a wastepaper bin with assorted paper scraps!
    I also used up or donated to the charity shop 22 rolls of Washi tape. I put all of my tapes that were near to the end of the roll into a basket and have tried to prioritise using those. I still have a huge stash of washi tape so it is definitely on my not to buy list. I do recognise what Ponypal says about buying stationery to de-stress and relax.

Total so far 79?/200 used up .
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • frizz2
    frizz2 Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am impressed with everyone's ideas. Also, Chirpycheap comments-
    "I've also not bought a craft magazine since Christmas. They are so expensive and I rarely do any of the projects in them but they just always call my name when I need a little pick me up! "
    I only buy second hand craft magazines from the library or car boot sales as they are very expensive and if I am honest I usually get ideas from books or patterns that I buy from Knitting and Stitching Shows. That is why I am determined to use what I already have not buy more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure