Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Figgi wrote: »
    They do two stages due to the cost involved of producing all the extra show material, time involved etc. The increase has to be significant to put in an extra level as the current signs are double sided whereas a third one would need a whole set of extra show material.

They probably wouldn't need much POS at all with how much sale research people do for the Boots sale. I know not everyone uses Internet and people will just be browsing in store without knowing in advance but Marks & Sparks just produce a diagonal 'Further Reductions' sticker to stick over their banners and for their window POS rather than whole new POS. The extra profit they make would far outweigh the cost of printing those.

I just think if they are going to start leaving it as long as this it's probably something worthwhile them doing as people expect some extra reduction early than Feb.
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    They probably wouldn't need much POS at all with how much sale research people do for the Boots sale. I know not everyone uses Internet and people will just be browsing in store without knowing in advance but Marks & Sparks just produce a diagonal 'Further Reductions' sticker to stick over their banners and for their window POS rather than whole new POS. The extra profit they make would far outweigh the cost of printing those.

I just think if they are going to start leaving it as long as this it's probably something worthwhile them doing as people expect some extra reduction early than Feb.

But it is still selling at 50% so why reduce it any more.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options

It can't be selling that well if there are still aisles crammed with stock a month after Christmas, and four months since they started selling it.... At least where I am, people know to expect further reductions so they probably think what's the point in buying it now. As I said the other day, the local large Boots near me had ten aisle sides full of sale stock, no shortage of anything, and nobody even seemed to be looking at it!
  • need_an_answer
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    It can't be selling that well if there are still aisles crammed with stock a month after Christmas, and four months since they started selling it.... At least where I am, people know to expect further reductions so they probably think what's the point in buying it now. As I said the other day, the local large Boots near me had ten aisle sides full of sale stock, no shortage of anything, and nobody even seemed to be looking at it!

Again I went to my large out of town shopping centre yesterday and there are still shelves and shelves of Christmas stock.

I cant ever recall it being like this in previous years so I guess people are starting to wait for it to drop further.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I think the 70% sale is becoming a victim of its own success. It's so well known now that I think lots of people just wait for it rather than paying half price.
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the issue is they have never really looked at how stuff is selling at 50%. They have just done it on the fixed Wednesday and then Friday because that was the date it was done. The new top team have come in and questioned why so this year they are doing it when they need to due to sales dropping below a level they have decided. No one outside the top team will know what that is so everything is now guess work. I’d expect an update on Friday and then Monday.
  • Africat
    Options
    There's certainly not much left on Boots.com, I think that some will probably make an appearance again in the Summer, probably stock from stores with low footfall.
  • Africat
    Options

Because they'd sell even more if they went to 60% as people probably wouldn't risk it being left at 70% so they'd end up in the long run possibly selling more at 60% and less at 70%.

Some things are still selling in the store I've been in but there's an awful lot that just ain't shifting too.
  • Africat
    Options
    Well I've just got some bargains at Tkmaxx's further reductions sale... Twin pack Philosophy shower and body for £6.00 reduced from £16.99 and Bliss body treats reduced to £2.50. Who needs Boots :p
  • marjie
    marjie Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    There is probably not much left to reduce by now, and certainly not what I'd want!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure