The "Save 12k in 2019" Thread

Options

Comments

• tomscfc
    tomscfc Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can I be put down for £6k please? I've not got a penny saved atm and have some debts to clear so to be able to start 2020 £6k up would be unbelievable.

Happy new year everyone, let's do this!! :)
    If you can be one thing today, be kind.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Am I being a bit of a n00b... I don't have a number but other people seem to have one in their sigs?

I did fail a bit on my shopping trip. Only went in for some tonic to enjoy with my christmas gin.... came out with a load of

Hi Smegosauras, Slowly Fading who runs the thread is giving us numbers in stages. I think you are in her next group to be done. We are working out our numbers from the first post where it says
    CLICK HERE to see the total amounts so far:

I’m terrible if I go shopping hungry, I bring back all the cheese and savoury goodies I can carry! Good luck with the challenge!
  • EchoDeltaDelta
    Options
    I've made a start as I'm lying in bed feeling a little bit fuzzy of head.

Tilly Tidied all bank accounts to ISA. I save money each month from my professional membership fees as employer doesn't promise to pay them every year although has always so far (I still saved a bit just in case) so transferred that over. Also was given some money for Christmas and that has gone in too as there's nothing I actually need at the moment.

Total now - £124/£1,000

I'm not going to bed able to do that much every month but I like having a strong start.

Happy New Year everyone!
    2019 Savings Challenge - challenger number 86 - £169/£1,000
    MFW - mortgage free date Oct 2046 :eek:
  • Smegasaurus
    Options
    Thanks WBF thought I'd missed something!
  • k4ren2006
    k4ren2006 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you set me up for £20,000..cheers and a Happy New Year all!
  • bradqwer
    bradqwer Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Smegosauras, Slowly Fading who runs the thread is giving us numbers in stages. I think you are in her next group to be done. We are working out our numbers from the first post where it says
    CLICK HERE to see the total amounts so far:

I’m terrible if I go shopping hungry, I bring back all the cheese and savoury goodies I can carry! Good luck with the challenge!

are we notified
    ?
    'Save £1,100 in 2019' #81

£50/£1100
  • gwyneth_valiant
    Options
    No, you'll have to pop into the spreadsheet and look up what your number is ;)
    #115 - Save £12k in 2019 challenge: £13152.85/29419.55 - 44%:beer:
    Save 100k by March 31st 2021: £38890.27/100k - 38% :j
  • Walker1
    Walker1 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it sad that I have been looking forward too today just so I can get my head down with this. Planning to smash my 12k target, but Will be happy as long as I hit 12.

Will be doing as much overtime as I can and working shifts at a second job where I can.

I get paid on the 25th of each month. So any money left over on the 25th of each month will be put in a separate account and added up.

This month I’m aiming too not touch my main wage. Too live off the money I’m making off my second job. So if all goes well I will save £1800 my the 25th of jan.
  • DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey, can you put me down for 12k please. Will maybe be a slight stretch, but if you don't aim for the stars, you'll never shoot for the moon!
  • skimpyjane
    Options
    Hello! First timer here and excited to take part after being debt free 2018 and saving 8K. I want to challenge myself this year with £12K so add me in.
    Groceries Challenge 2019
    #119 12K in 2019 Challenge = £1949.89/£12,000 =16%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family