PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Prepping Thread - A Newer Beginning ;)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    She'll have to paint the trusty bike bright yellow and get a third wheel for it if she's going to be a 'Millionaire' oh, and change her name to Trotter!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :p Titter ye not, I am already a wealthy wumman. My net worth is 15 billion dollars, I'll have you know!

OK, so they're hyperinflationary Zimbabwean dollars, not USD, but you can't have everything. Youse lot can't have any more TP cos I got it all, mwah ha ha!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How many Monopoly sets do you actually own GQ?
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You give a parent careful instructions and the results surprise you - hey at least it's a Nice Surprise.

I think the Bog Roll Standard deserves to become A Thing.

The Cabinet told HMRC some time ago to prepare for No Deal - I do hope all that thinking will be easily converted into useful updates but almost everything produced by the cabinet strikes me as being useful for compost at best.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GQ

I make that 135 toilet rolls? I have just found a deal on amazon on Cushelle toilet rolls 12 for the price of nine and ordered two packs of 60 for £16.99 a pack which works out at 28 pence a roll with free postage but it is very soft and scented.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • herbily
    herbily Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Oh lawdy lawdy, what have I done!:rotfl:

Er, what you've done is bought a year's worth of loo-roll at a fabulous price! Cover it up with a rug and pretend it's a new piece of furniture :-)
  • DryTheRain
    DryTheRain Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2019 at 3:39AM
    Options
    Another quick heads up. - apparently the govt will be announcing no deal import tariffs this morning, which will likely include dairy, meat and possibly cereals, with the aim of protecting uk farmers.

Reports suggest this information has been ready for a while, but has not been released as deemed 'too sensitive'. Draw your own conclusions, but it sounds like it'd be a good idea to get your mitts on mince cheese etc before word gets round.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GQ that sounds like my husband's approach to loo roll shopping, but as it happens he has twigged that there isn't really room here to store over 100 rolls so he has scaled it down a bit.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How many Monopoly sets do you actually own GQ?
    :o Precisely none. I never played Monopoly as a kid, we were more a Scrabble/ Snakes & Ladders/Ludo/Stop Pestering the Cat! household.

Just shy of 17p per roll, that's a good deal. I also have other rolls of TP in the stash, inc 3 x 18 packs from FarmFoods, something with Duck in the brand name. I may be pushing the 200-roll mark.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    GQ, I think you can get counselling for that....
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport