PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Prepping Thread - A Newer Beginning ;)

1102710281029103010311033»

Comments

• Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone, been MIA from all things MSE for AGES!

Just read back a few pages, lovely to see some familiar names still here...

Coming back into the fold if that's ok, life has changed a lot, and some huge changes this year to come, not ones I'm looking forward to!

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 June 2023 at 10:33AM
    @euronorris have you not tried dried onion powder? I put it in coleslaw. Also, if you have one of those mini whizzy chopper things [ lidls or aldi, about twenty uid, whisks, chops, smoothies etc, the wand with the attachements] use that to chop the onions. I have one, I use it every week for various things, it's the most useful gadjet I've ever had.. And I did see a cook on youtube cooking onions with mince so much that the onions completely disappeared,so i tried it, took about fifteen/twenty minutes of cooking but they did...Magic!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • littlemoney
    littlemoney Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I like the Costco prices but I couldn't consume the quantity. Probably good for larger families/households but not for a couple or single person.
  • Rosetta92
    Rosetta92 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you all for the Costco information- especially the list from DigforVictory. There’s just two of us, but as we’re rural I like to be stocked up for the winter. I did go with a colleague before and was impressed with the meat, fish and fruit. Just running down the freezer and the car fuel tank before I go, probably later this week. 
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    -taff said:
    @euronorris have you not tried dried onion powder? I put it in coleslaw. Also, if you have one of those mini whizzy chopper things [ lidls or aldi, about twenty uid, whisks, chops, smoothies etc, the wand with the attachements] use that to chop the onions. I have one, I use it every week for various things, it's the most useful gadjet I've ever had.. And I did see a cook on youtube cooking onions with mince so much that the onions completely disappeared,so i tried it, took about fifteen/twenty minutes of cooking but they did...Magic!
    Yes, I have onion granules already, but these are different. They are like finely chopped, and dried, rather than powdered. And, it's a BIG tub. about 5/6 times the size of the little jars of powdered onion you get in the supermarkets.

I have a food processor, and a handheld mixer, but it is a lot easier to just throw dried or powdered onions in. I still like to use fresh onions in soups and sauces (as they get blended anyway). Also, it took DH all of 5 seconds to decide to add some to his sandwiches as a garnish lol.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,567 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 June 2023 at 4:43PM
    I'll close this thread now and leave you to pop over to the new one:

Prepping: the new world...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing