Very Scary Times......

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,828
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Great news about the clean and the tennis, even better if you manage to get the money back :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Deep clean finished off today. I'm trying really hard to keep the place looking nice now. We've got a cleaner coming in 2 hours once a week, but I reckon we might be able to stretch that to once a fortnight if we can keep on top of things. It's so nice to live in a tidy, clean house. I'm getting a bit OCD about making everything look nice now!! I spend 20 minutes here and there going through the place putting stuff away and hoovering etc. The cleaner won't have anything to do!! Might send her down to clear out the garage instead :rotfl:

I had a very productive day yesterday. Sorted out the Wimbledon tickets, wrote a letter stating what I needed on the day and got that sent off. Did OH's ironing, cleaned my degus and chinchillas out and then tidied up the flat.

Need to get back on the earnings now though. I've gotten out of the habit, so need to force myself back into it. I received the £20 from Mindmover, but am still waiting for my £25 from Onepoll.

I've got quite a few prizes to sell, so want to spend some time getting those on Facebook as I haven't had any interest on Gumtree (hate eBay and use it as a last resort!!). I'm also going to start the process to see if I've got any PPI I can get back. OH has done his and got back nearly £10k!! :eek: - but he did his through the Claims Guys, so would have had around £14,000 if he hadn't used them. So, I'm going to try and do it myself. I've got enough time on my hands and nothing to lose!! Even just a few hundred back would make me happy :)

Emz xx
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Good luck with the PPI :)
  • So glad to hear you're doing well, Emz!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Emzilla
    Forumite
    It's March - which means my birthday is just around the corner (well, end of next month, but it's on the way :D).

I think I'm becoming a bit OCD about the house now ever since we had the deep clean. Everything has to be neat and tidy, I'm following OH around picking up after him (and nagging him a bit too). The cleaner is coming back on Monday and she won't have anything to clean!!

Our Wimbledon tickets are all secured. I've also applied for the charity grant, so fingers crossed we can get the money back. Wimbledon have been really good in accommodating my needs and are looking into the best place to seat us, which I think means we'll get really good seats!!

Back to the earnings this month. I would like to try and add something each day, even if it's just a few quid. I've got my Harefield assessment a week on Monday, but otherwise am hospital free for March, so I've got no excuse!!

I've been trying to sell some stuff on Facebook for the first time - jeez, people are rude on there!! I've had lots of people contact me and then just not reply again when they find out where I am. Do they not think to check the location on the post?!

1st March - £5 Amazon voucher (pending from Swagbucks)
    2nd March - £2 Love to Shop vouchers (received from Post Office surveys)

Total - £7

Emz xx
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I hate FB selling, I've rarely had success on there. People just don't bother turning up! :mad:
  • Emzilla
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »
    I hate FB selling, I've rarely had success on there. People just don't bother turning up! :mad:

I've seen so many people on here saying they've sold this and that on Facebook that I thought I should give it a go. Think I'll stick to Gumtree in future. I'm dropping a couple of things off to someone tonight (only because it's near the train station I have to pick my OH up from anyway), but that was a hassle trying to get that arranged. Wanting me to sell more to her for less money basically and getting me to send numerous pictures. She better flaming well have these items after all I've done for her!!

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Forumite
    Feeling a bit rubbish over the last day or so. It's hard to tell if it's a cold or if it's to do with one of the antibiotics I'm taking through my nebuliser (I alternate it with another one each month, but this one always leaves my throat feeling sore for the first 1-2 weeks). I've lost my voice and my throat and left ear are hurting. I'm feeling a bit fuzzy headed too. My chest feels fine though and I'm not coughing, plus my nose is fine (not running or stuffed up).

Anyway, had a busy couple of days. Met up with my friend yesterday morning and then the cleaner came round yesterday afternoon. Then had my oxygen machine serviced this morning and am now round my mum's.

I've earned a few bits since then, but haven't been keeping track really. I've got all day tomorrow at home, so want to start doing my PPI letters.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Forumite
    You can tell my head is all fuzzy - I completely forgot to share the two bits of good news I received yesterday!!

First I found out that I've won a laptop worth £150 from the Bingoport monthly sweepstakes draw (I only ever do free spins on there and just redeem my points for tickets - won a £10 Amazon voucher on there last month too :j). My OH is going to see if he likes it, but we'll sell it if he doesn't.

Then I had an email from the charity I applied to for a grant to go to Wimbledon and they are going to give me and my sister £450 for the tickets, parking and petrol - so we are basically going to Wimbledon for free :j:j:j. They have asked us to take some photos on the day for publicity for their charity and also as proof that we haven't just gone on a shopping spree with the money!!

So it was a great day yesterday!!

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Forumite
    Trying to remember what I've earned (not that it's much!!).

March:

£5 Amazon voucher (pending from Swagbucks)
    £2 Love 2 Shop vouchers (received from Post Office)
    £2.50 Clubcard voucher (received from Tesco)
    £3 PayPal (received from Pinecone)

£12.50

Hoping for a £10 FB sale tonight, but not holding my breath!! Also doing well on Prolific, but will try and hold out for the magic £20 (currently £6.77 cleared and £4 pending).

Emz xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure