Forum Home » Debt-Free Wannabe » Debt Free Diaries

Very Scary Times...... - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Very Scary Times......

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
431 replies 28.4K views

Replies

• jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing you have any time to do anything else!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Money making activity suspended for now. I've got a really bad tickly cough, which may or may not turn into a full-blown cold. Making me feel rubbish at the moment. Taking me ages to get to sleep at night (and I'm so tired from the IVs anyway) and my chest is really hurting from all the coughing. Made myself sick last night - literally.

And do you want to know the best thing about this? I caught this 'cold' from my doctor!! He came into my room at the hospital last Wednesday, saying he wouldn't get too close because of his cold!! Bloody annoyed. I was totally fine before going into hospital :mad::mad:

I've got to go back to the hospital tomorrow for a blood test and dressing change, so I'm hoping they don't try and drag me back in again :(

Emz xx
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care of yourself Emz, you'd think a doctor with a cold would avoid someone with your condition completely, that's a disgrace! :mad:
  • edited 20 February 2019 at 3:49PM
    EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February 2019 at 3:49PM
    Hello :)

Thought it was time for a little update. The cough/cold didn't come to much thank goodness and only made me feel rubbish for a couple of days. I'm now off the IVs (line came out Monday) and am feeling good, even if my lung function has dropped 2% (it dropped a little bit because of the strong drugs I was pumping into my body, and I was already "well" when I started the IVs, so the drugs would have made me feel tired and a bit under the weather anyway - kind of a case of making me worse before I feel better!!) It will hopefully go back up again in a week or so.

This week is kind of a write off as it's half-term and I've been spending lots of time with my sister, niece and nephew. They took me to the hospital on Monday and I got them all a McDonalds to say thank you. Then we went bowling yesterday - got a few strange looks bowling with oxygen on, but I think it's quite an achievement!! Tomorrow we're going out for a meal and then going to play crazy golf and going in the arcades on the seafront.

I will get back to the earnings next week properly. I've received a few things through that I was waiting for (got paid £22 for that monster article I did), but I think I'll not bother keeping track for the rest of February and just start again in March. I should imagine I'll end up with around £150-£200 for February, which is pretty decent considering half-term and IVs :D

On Friday, we are having our house cleaned from top to bottom. I know this is a bit of a luxury, and it's not cheap, but I just can't do anything that physical anymore (I'm fine just pushing the hoover round or wiping the worktops over, it's just getting in there and really cleaning that I have the problem with!!). It's also not fair to expect my OH to do everything as he works long hours and is basically providing for us at the moment, so we decided it was time to get some help. Plus we really need to make sure the place is clean because of my health and getting infections. So I'll be in all day Friday and will try and keep myself busy whilst they're cleaning, which will mean a lot of surveys :)

Emz xx
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowling sounds good :)
    Good news on the deep clean.
    You cant be too careful xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 10 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you're amazing to manage all your medical care. The bowling sounded fun. Take care
    paydbx2020 #93 £771.42/£10,025 . 1 debt 100 days 35 £30/£1820
    EF £160. SPC 141

# savings# £14 . Oven. £234/£403 Health EF 0/£250
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the sound of the deep clean, and glad you are ok x
  • edited 23 February 2019 at 8:08AM
    EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2019 at 8:08AM
    Thanks everyone :A

So, it was deep clean day today. She hasn't finished, but is coming back Tuesday to finish the kitchen and do the spare room. I'm pretty pleased with the results. The bathrooms especially have come up well. We just need to declutter lots now so that we haven't got as much stuff lying around.

Anyway, enough about that, because today was a very VERY good day. I received a letter (which because of the typeface, I thought was from the hospital), which was from Wimbledon and I'VE GOT TICKETS!!!!!!!! But not just any tickets - MEN'S CENTRE COURT SEMI FINAL TICKETS!!!!!!!

I am so pleased and excited. I can't believe it!!! My sister is really chuffed too. It will take a bit of organising with the oxygen etc, and we will have to drive there instead of going on the train - but it's a once in a lifetime thing and we have to do it.

They cost £370 for the pair _pale_, but there is a charity fund in my local hospital which gives out grants of up to £500 for people with CF to do stuff just like this. I see no reason why they won't give me the money, so I'm going to apply and see what happens.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Emz xx
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Emz.
    Know how much you love your tennis :D xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 10 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Go Emz.
    Know how much you love your tennis :D xx

We'll definitely go Lou, even without the charity money. Will just make it easier for us if I can get that. Will help my sister out too as she's feeling guilty about spending nearly £200 on a day out just for her. It would be nice for me to say to her "hey, it's free!!" as she does a lot for me.

Emz xx