PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

December 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vanlady wrote: »

Cranky, I hope the vets can get to the bottom of your poor cat, we had the same problem toovwith our old puss, turns out she is a diabetic on insulin twice a day now! And no insurance.
    And yes, im another one who stares gobsmacked at all this xmas party food in the sm, poor quality and high price! I am shocked that people pay £1.50 for mini garlic and parsley ciabattas in m n s
    A

Thanks but she deteriorated really quickly in the early hours of this morning and died peacefully at the vets (injection from the vet) with me holding her paw and stroking her head. The vet said a day of blood tests would probably only result in something they couldn't fix. She was only 8 so it wasn't age related. The vet said it was likely to be kidney related.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Thanks but she deteriorated really quickly in the early hours of this morning and died peacefully at the vets (injection from the vet) with me holding her paw and stroking her head. The vet said a day of blood tests would probably only result in something they couldn't fix. She was only 8 so it wasn't age related. The vet said it was likely to be kidney related.

Aww I'm so sorry hun. It's awful having to say goodbye to our furbabes :(xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Just been updating my spreadsheet, up to £317.51/£400, with 10 days to go. I've got the majority of food in for next week, with an Ic*land delivery due on sunday. I need a few bits like sausage rolls etc, which I'm planning on getting on friday evening. Need to find my meal plan and make some amendments.
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks but she deteriorated really quickly in the early hours of this morning and died peacefully at the vets (injection from the vet) with me holding her paw and stroking her head.
    That's very sad - sending best wishes your way.

£4.55 spent on ginger, lettuce n some other bits. Have updated sig.
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We're up to a spend of £335.33 out of £450 with just our Christmas shopping to pay for (and maybe a top up shop of milk!) So hopefully we'll come in on budget. Just got to reduce the budget now 😀
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £249/4000
  • Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    You click on the quote button , on the post you want to quote, then just reply underneath it :D

Many thanks Candygirl:p
  • Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

So very very sorry to hear that Cranky. Big hugs to you and HT x
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Haven't had chance to read up on the thread yet, but quickly popping on to say my sig is up to date as of today.

However, i have a few bits to get from Morrisons, my Dad is getting me some bits from Aldi and my DD2 is nipping into B and M for me after school. So more to add.

I can't wait til this season is over, and my money is back in order :whistle:
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have spent £25 in ALDI , n £37 in ICELAND , which makes £137/150 so far.I should make this target as have tons of stuff in now:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Graciefields
    Options
    Well, I haven't spent anything since my last spend. I've been living out ot the cupboards and freezer which I've never done before. I went to Morrisons today and spent £27 on a whole chicken, Steing shin beef and lamb mince for £10. I also bought sausages for £2 and 700gms mince for £2 which I thought was quite good. (going to look into going to local butchers once this month is out of the way) Also got some veg offers, 3 for £1 got sprouts x2, parsnips, potatoes, onions, carrots. Don't know how this compares with other supermarkets but I thought it was ok. Still need to go to Aldees for a few bits then I will be done. I'm going to mums for Christmas so don't need to do a Christmas shop. I'm within budget £76/125. Don't think I will need much for the rest of the month so should hopefully come in under budget and that will go into my bulk fund. If I do come under budget, this will be my second time in a row and a first. What do others think of 3 for £10 meat offers?
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family