PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Graciefields
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Thanks but she deteriorated really quickly in the early hours of this morning and died peacefully at the vets (injection from the vet) with me holding her paw and stroking her head. The vet said a day of blood tests would probably only result in something they couldn't fix. She was only 8 so it wasn't age related. The vet said it was likely to be kidney related.

So sorry to hear about your cat. Had to have mine put to sleep last Christmas. She suddenly went blind and was really ill. She was 18, she died with me and my son holding her paw. I miss the cranky old devil every day. Can still hear her footsteps in the night.
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Haven't had chance to read up on the thread yet, but quickly popping on to say my sig is up to date as of today.

However, i have a few bits to get from Morrisons, my Dad is getting me some bits from Aldi and my DD2 is nipping into B and M for me after school. So more to add.

I can't wait til this season is over, and my money is back in order :whistle:

£15.90 at Aldi, 90p in B and M and £3.70 at Morrison's.
    So, £20.50.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    Thanks but she deteriorated really quickly in the early hours of this morning and died peacefully at the vets (injection from the vet) with me holding her paw and stroking her head. The vet said a day of blood tests would probably only result in something they couldn't fix. She was only 8 so it wasn't age related. The vet said it was likely to be kidney related.

So sorry to hear that, Cranky. It's awful to lose them so young x
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Hiya folks. I’ve been sick this past week but somehow still got some shopping done which came in handy.

€55.18 at Delhaize for yoghurts, cheeses, butter, olives, the 2 for 1 frozen shrimp, a nice set of frozen scallops, some fruit and veg. I’ve been craving seafood lately and I haven’t eaten scallops in probably three or more years. After paying the cashier Delhaize gave me a “coupon” to get 80 points if I buy €7 of yoghurt. We can hit that easily tomorrow.

€10.99 at Lidl for TP, cucumber, mozzarella, cream, cheddar and some Fisherman’s Friend throat drops.

€17.79 at Delhaize for clementines, strawberries, yoghurt, and some other bits.

€13.40 at Delhaize for 2x peanut butter, more clementines for vacation train snacks, chips (crisps to you lot), and some stuff I can’t remember.

Some of these items are meant to be taken on vacation with us for snacking like the clementines, peanut butter or cheese. Today was a NSD but I’m heading to Lidl tomorrow for eggs, Parmesan, and TP and to Delhaize for yoghurt and peanuts. We leave this Sunday for our vacation and don’t return until the evening of the 31st after stores close so I’m trying to stock us up with bits to last until the 2nd.

TOTAL SO FAR:
    €247.57/€350.00
    11 / 12 NSD

It’s close, but I think we’ll be okay. Have a good night all! :)
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options

You poor thing, I’m so sorry. :( How’s the house troll holding up?
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news Cranky it's so hard when our furbabies pass on, shed a quiet tear for you both.. Sending hugs your way x
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Updated signature.. So far £190.60 spent.. :j I've just got to get bread n milk for the foreseeable so I really hope I can stay under budget for the end of the year.. Shall be tightening the belt for next year as so much income wise will change!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts. We're feeling sad but we have our remaining cat to try and make a new kind of normal life for so she doesn't miss her half sister so much (they had the same mother but were born a year apart). I think Pixel is possibly slightly "over loved" just now but she and the HT are spending a fair bit of time attached to each other. The HT finishes school today for 2 weeks so they'll probably spend a lot of time either on the sofa under a blanket or in his bed under the duvet.

I was paid £10 for food testing on Wednesday so I added £5 to that and we had a Pizz@ H*t delivery for dinner as I really didn't feel up to cooking. The £5 was out of our pocket money not the grocery budget so no real harm done and there was enough pizza for dinner last night too which makes it a little more reasonable.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I'm so sorry, Cranky. Hugs to you and the house troll.

We're going to have to face the madness tonight and visit M&S, L!dl and MrT's. DH wants to buy the deserts featured in M&S's advertising while I fancy the meat pie that headlined L!dl's email yesterday - the one with the bone poking out the top. The MrT visit is to purchase a gift voucher for my 14-year-old godson, either Amazon or book tokens. (I am the worst godmother on the planet. If I wasn't seeing him tomorrow, I wouldn't think about buying him a present.)

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monthly budget will aim for £300 £271/£300 To include all food, toiletries, cleaning stuff, cat food and cat litter, non alcoholic drinks. NSD will aim for at least 15 13/15

Hi challengers.

I braved the madness that was my local aldi this morning, car park was in chaos! But hats off to the staff in there, they work very hard and keep things flowing. Hardly any time waiting at the till either.

So my ' big shop' is done, I can relax now. Probably just need a top up of milk on Xmas eve and be on the lookout for ys items.
    It will be interesting to see if I am able to achieve my challenge of £300. I think I could do it easily but it would be a lot easier if the whole family were on board :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure