Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options

Comments

• Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you metlin139 I have emailed them but am awaiting a response and instigated a supply switch, informed them of this but they take no notice. Interesting that a leaflet came through the door from fischer storage heaters giving away up to 1000kwh with new orders meeting certain criteria. I wonder if we are paying for this:

I saw this! I had to laugh when it came through my door. Idiots.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • Dad_Deep_Pockets
    Options

Direct Debit cancellation fee information for all

Little bit of info for anyone in the same boat as me. I am leaving OTM come hell or high water as they have proved themselves too unreliable. I cancelled my direct debit last week and since then have received three emails threatening a charge of £25.
    I rang OTM today and to be fair got through to a nice chap called Kamal, who is probably under a fair amount of strain. I asked him if I would be charged a £25 direct debit cancellation fee and he said as I had credit on my account I wouldn't. So here are my details to see if they match anyone else's and if you have been charged get it back, if you are worried about cancelling your direct debit then don't be.

My Direct debit date is 18th of the month
    I cancelled 2 days prior hence Novembers DD failed.
    I am switching supplier on the 7th of December
    My bill for Nov was £91
    I am still in credit by £105.78

The message that there will be no charge was recorded at 14.40hrs on 23/11/18 on Kamal's account. My account number is OTM67908

Please feel free to quote the above if you have been charged £25 in similar circumstances. :beer::money:
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sent an email off to OTM complaining about the policy and the timing, no reply as yet. I have inquired about charges for cancelling and moving stating that I think they've broken my contract.

Having a look on the ombudsman website you have to let your complaint either go for 8 weeks with the supplier or have reached a deadlock as confirmed by correspondence from them.
    Asking them for a letter of deadlock won't work I tried that early this year they just repeat the same BS over and over until you give in.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • DonalK
    DonalK Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2018 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Hi all,

I've had my email apologising too and like others mine is as accurate as I would have expected it to be the first time. I am low dual-fuel user and with OFTM since May with £108 in credit.

Started
    13th - £40.45 DD ... or £485.40 EAC (remember this figure)

Along the way
    14th - £56.63 DD ... £679.56 EAC ...
    15th - £99.10 / 42.47 ... or £849 EAC

Now
    23rd - £56.63 / 24.27 .... £485.40 EAC ... (oh we're back where we started).

Now why couldn't we have done this the first time eh ... so basically no change to my EAC, just a variable DD which wasn't needed given I'm a customer for six months and have a credit balance of two months which doesn't appear to have been factored. Time for a refund.

An unreserved apology in the email but personally, I think they need to give some explanation and build some trust. Also the fake TrustPilot reviews and deleting Facebook posts won't be forgotten ... I'd say we're back in a probation stage and the cost is keeping me where I am but the hairs on my neck are up and one flinch in the wrong way and I make like my profile avatar ....
  • Topiary
    Topiary Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DonalK wrote: »

An unreserved apology in the email but personally, I think they need to give some explanation and build some trust. Also the fake TrustPilot reviews and deleting Facebook posts won't be forgotten ... I'd say we're back in a probation stage and the cost is keeping me where I am but the hairs on my neck are up and one flinch in the wrong way and I make like my profile avatar ....

A number of small energy suppliers are struggling at the moment.
    Am sticking it out with them and do hope they can turn things round in the long run.
  • itsneil146
    Options
    Absolutely fuming with this shambolic company.
    I signed up to Outfoxthemarket from the energy club at the beginning of November. Thanks MSE for this!!!
    On the 15th Nov I like everybody else get the good news that my DD will be doubling, I said ' Oh no it won't' as I was not yet in a contract with them & told them so as well. Asking for conformation, which never arrived.
    I cancelled the DD which had been set up, as I was not in a contract & no fuel provided.
    Keep on getting emails warning I have cancelled the DD (yes I am well aware of this ty!)
    Today I have a lovely email telling me they are charging me £25 for cancelling the DD. WFT??
    They had still not responded to any of my emails so I rang them.
    Apprarenlty they started providing me with fuel on 21st, without asking for Meter readings. And my cooling off period ran out on the 14th, ONE day before they announced they would be ripping me off. So I was in contract & owe the the £25, plus now being supplied by them. ARRRGGHHHH.
    Already tried to switch again but the energy club wont let me do it??

What ever you do, DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY. MSE can you help out here as I was not being supplied fuel when they changed the rules?
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    itsneil146 wrote: »
    I signed up to Outfoxthemarket from the energy club at the beginning of November. Thanks MSE for this!!!

MSE don’t have a crystal ball.
  • shaftthemarket
    Options
    "MSE don’t have a crystal ball." But:

(a) they probably have more combined expertise that the rest of us put together. The clue is in the name: Money Saving Expert.

(b) they have been rather slow to alert potential switchers to OTC that the company formerly known as OTM is in fact on a mission to Outfox the Customer.

I'm not blaming MSE, of course, and I take full responsibility for my part in deciding to make the switch, but I didn't make that switch in a vacuum, I made it in the light of research I had done, which included MSE's information, which until recently I have tended to view as high grade information, all the more so because of the forums which MSE encourages, to their credit, where we can test and debate information and ideas (and even challenge the odd possible fox in a sheep's clothing)..
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2018 at 9:09PM
    Options
    I'm not blaming MSE, of course, and I take full responsibility for my part in deciding to make the switch, but I didn't make that switch in a vacuum, I made it in the light of research I had done, which included MSE's information,
    Its unlikely mse had access to information that you hadn't. Its just poor timing.

I believe they will use the closing reading from your previous supplier as your opening reading.

If your not happy with the new DD amount initiate another switch away from them which should take around 21 days.
  • welwynrose
    Options
    Looking at their figures from my account online compared to their email they seem to have tripled my estimated usage for the year although my account is over £700 in credit & I give them meter readings every month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure