Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget. - Page 63

New Post Advanced Search

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

edited 11 November 2018 at 12:35PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.4K replies 447.1K views

Replies

• warby68warby68 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you, sounds fab.

I was meaning that you might like to take a peek ;)

I bought, but not all white, it just doesn't work in my house of male 'oafs' :D
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started my iron pill medication 2 days ago (have to take them every other day) and boy do I feel nauseous. It's normal apparently but given the fact OH and I wanted to go to the movies this evening ... I might not make it through and fall asleep half way in :rotfl:

I do however feel a bit more energetic so that's a good sign! :T

Iron tabs cripple my stomach, so I get Spatone liquid iron sachets now :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    candygirl wrote: »
    Iron tabs cripple my stomach, so I get Spatone liquid iron sachets now :D

Yes Spatone are easier on the stomach, but very low dose and would take a long time to bring levels up if seriously low (my ferritin was 7 against an NHS bottom range of 20). Solgar Gentle Iron are 20mg, Spatone also 20g I think.

As with so many things we have to find what works for us don't we?
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Yes Spatone are easier on the stomach, but very low dose and would take a long time to bring levels up if seriously low (my ferritin was 7 against an NHS bottom range of 20). Solgar Gentle Iron are 20mg, Spatone also 20g I think.

As with so many things we have to find what works for us don't we?

I think with the PA , a lot of us are also iron deficient. It's a minefield isn't it ? :(

• lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warby68 wrote: »
    I was meaning that you might like to take a peek ;)

I bought, but not all white, it just doesn't work in my house of male 'oafs' :D

Oh right...I see what you mean now, Sorry. Sadly I don't have any Male oafs any more. :rotfl:

Butterfly......hope you feel better soon, iron tablets can be tricky to take, side effects can be rather unpleasant.

Well I have done my weekly shop. The walk in the fresh air blew the cobwebs away. A bit chilly mind, hopefully it should be warmer tomorrow. It came £5.33 :T:T. That is nothing short of miraculous for me.

Although I don't menu plan as such, I am going to do a proper freezer and fridge inventory. The plan is to have a bit Of a use up month and just buy milk, fruit and veg etc to top up, hopefully freeing up lots of lovely cash.

I still want to eat well and enjoy good healthy food so I won't eat crap just to save money but I do think it is an area where I can cut back on spends without compromising on quality.
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow £5.33 LL:eek: That's amazingly frugal:D I'm doing the grocery challenge at £120 a month, but that's for food, cleaning stuff, loo rolls n dog food :D
    Champagne wise, me n bestie are going to see The Favourite, on Tues afternoon.It'll be £6 for both of us with my Meerkat movie app, then we can also eat at the Mexican restaurant next door, also 2 4 1 with meerkat meals app:D A cheap day out ;)

13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow £5.33 LL:eek: That's amazingly frugal:D I'm doing the grocery challenge at £120 a month, but that's for food, cleaning stuff, loo rolls n dog food :D
    Champagne wise, me n bestie are going to see The Favourite, on Tues afternoon.It'll be £6 for both of us with my Meerkat movie app, then we can also eat at the Mexican restaurant next door, also 2 4 1 with meerkat meals app:D A cheap day out ;)

:rotfl: It won't happen again......it's only because I still had loads in from Christmas and New Year. I am aiming for £100 this month and then probably around the £120 thereafter. Currently I don't have any pets so I should be able to manage.

Let me know what the Favourite is like......not sure if I can manage next week, it might have to be the week after. You have got some good deals there.
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl: It won't happen again......it's only because I still had loads in from Christmas and New Year. I am aiming for £100 this month and then probably around the £120 thereafter. Currently I don't have any pets so I should be able to manage.

Let me know what the Favourite is like......not sure if I can manage next week, it might have to be the week after. You have got some good deals there.

I got the apps, simply by using compare the meerkat, to renew my house n car insurance .Well worth it, as we try to go to the cinema every month or so.We also wasn't to see the Mary Queen of Scots film :D

13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the apps, simply by using compare the meerkat, to renew my house n car insurance .Well worth it, as we try to go to the cinema every month or so.We also wasn't to see the Mary Queen of Scots film :D

Yeah that looks good too. Margot Robbie is in it. I watched Wolf of Wall Street last night. I love that film, it's a hoot. She's in that, and she is so funny.
  • inkieinkie Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Im waiting to see the Mary Queen of Scot's film. Meercat app at the ready. Will take my daughter with me :)