Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget. - Page 61

New Post Advanced Search

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

edited 11 November 2018 at 12:35PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.5K replies 467.8K views

Replies

• lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    candygirl wrote: »
    We were literally having chazzers withdrawals :rotfl:

Me too. :rotfl:

Butterfly.......good that you've got a diagnosis and the appropriate meds. Hopefully they will kick in quickly and you'll feel better soon.
  • humptydumptybitshumptydumptybits Forumite
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    butterfly glad to hear it was a reassuring diagnosis. Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost my "fizz" a bit today.:rotfl:

The UTI is responding to treatment but the meds are making me feel very queasy. The cure is worse than the illness. :rotfl:

So just going to have a quiet day. I have got plenty of food in and it's pretty cold out there so I'll just stay in and keep nice and cosy and rest.

I'll do a bit of a paperwork sort out and make myself useful. :rotfl:
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far a no spend year, partly due to left over food, with lots of champagne moments:
    1st January onwards has been avocado on toast for breakfast. just a 1/2 left for tomorrow.
    2nd January - took part in fun 5k at Botanic Gardens - free entry with mulled wine and mince pies
    3rd January - back to work but a lunch box of left overs - far too many for me so when friend said she needed to buy some lunch I shared mine :D We also went for a walk round the arboretum with another colleague - again free.
    4th January - rejoined the library end of 2018. On the way to work took book back and got out next in series and also reserved next 2 for book club. We no longer have to pay for reservations as they now send an email rather than post a card.
    Tonight will be an epiphany party (one day early but it's the vicar hosting and of course he needs a clear head for Sunday!) i will regift a bottle for whisky brought by a friend on New Year's Eve - hopefully he will be there as we drank prosecco and didn't get round to the whisky!
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • edited 4 January 2019 at 2:10PM
    cherryblossomzelcherryblossomzel Forumite
    500 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 4 January 2019 at 2:10PM
    I've been away for a bit, but I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong. My (sort of) champagne moment(s) recently has been that, since things appear to be moving forward on my flat purchase, I get to start thinking about renovating and decorating, which, for a long-time renter, feels incredibly luxurious - I'll be able to paint the walls and put up shelves and hang pictures anywhere I want!!!

If anyone has any tips on choosing flooring, (wood-effect, I'm thinking about a warmish colour...or a coolish colour with some rugs?, aarrgg), please pipe up :)
  • humptydumptybitshumptydumptybits Forumite
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been away for a bit, but I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong. My (sort of) champagne moment(s) recently has been that, since things appear to be moving forward on my flat purchase, I get to start thinking about renovating and decorating, which, for a long-time renter, feels incredibly luxurious - I'll be able to paint the walls and put up shelves and hang pictures anywhere I want!!!

If anyone has any tips on choosing flooring, (wood-effect, I'm thinking about a warmish colour...or a coolish colour with some rugs?, aarrgg), please pipe up :)

Congratulations, such an exciting thing to buy your first place. Hope it all goes well. Just a tip, I know two young couples who bought their first places in the last year, both said when they got the keys and went into their property for the first time they felt a terrible sense of anticlimax and panic at what they'd done. They all said by the time they woke up the next morning they were excited and happy so if you don't get a feeling of euphoria straightaway don't panic.
  • sugarbaby125sugarbaby125 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Champagne moment is that I have signed up for at least 12 months with Odeon Limitless including central London for £19.99 a month. I love going to the cinema, and now I will be able to go and watch every film that takes my fancy for at least a year. :j:D
  • lantannalantanna Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Champagne moment is that I have signed up for at least 12 months with Odeon Limitless including central London for £19.99 a month. I love going to the cinema, and now I will be able to go and watch every film that takes my fancy for at least a year. :j:D

That’s a good deal
    2020 my frugal year.
    12k savings 2020 £6384.00 / £10000# 93
    Mortgage deposit £4807/ 16k target
    Year one target £4807/ £8K
    Aug GC £223/ £300
    Toiletries 2020 In 81/Out 110
  • cherryblossomzelcherryblossomzel Forumite
    500 posts
    ✭✭
    Congratulations, such an exciting thing to buy your first place. Hope it all goes well. Just a tip, I know two young couples who bought their first places in the last year, both said when they got the keys and went into their property for the first time they felt a terrible sense of anticlimax and panic at what they'd done. They all said by the time they woke up the next morning they were excited and happy so if you don't get a feeling of euphoria straightaway don't panic.

Oh, yes. I've actually been waiting for the buyer's remorse to kick in, but it hasn't yet, possibly because it still doesn't feel quite real. I'm sure it'll happen, just as I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.
  • sugarbaby125sugarbaby125 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    lantanna wrote: »
    That’s a good deal

Yes it is Lantanna, especially as an adult ticket at the London Odeon Luxe cinemas are really expensive and they cost at least £13.50 at my local Odeon unless they are Screen Unseen £5 or Silver Screen £3 tickets.

I went to see the film Bumblebee this afternoon. I really enjoyed this PG film. It is full of Autobots action with lots of human interaction. I would give this film 9/10