Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget. - Page 62

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

edited 11 November 2018 at 12:35PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.8K replies 513.7K views

Replies

• ancientmumancientmum Forumite
    280 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I had a champagne day today. It was my outdoor volunteering day, a kind of extreme gardening. The weather was sunny but cold, although I warmed up with the work. Good weather, good company and lunch eaten round a good bonfire. I ache like billy-o now, but it was worth it.
    If life is a journey, I want comfy shoes :

Grocery Challenge 2020: £1475.70/1500 yearly spend
  • I had a few real champagne moments staying with a friend over New Year. Drinking the real McCoy instead of the usual cava or prosecco.
    Lots of lovely Jo Malone and Molton Brown toiletries in the en suite and delicious meals as she's a really good cook. I was well and truly spoilt :j
  • I had my champagne moment today when we visited a local farm shop that we hadn’t visited for a while .We didn’t know that the the little cafe had been replaced by a swish new restaurant .Mr Lottie treated me (and himself) to a very posh meal.A lovely treat and didn’t need to cook this evening - feeling spoiled !.
  • house_elfhouse_elf Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    A simple champagne moment yesterday........made Jamie Oliver 15 minute minestrone. It feels like a luxury to have the time to do proper cooking and the result was very good. Leftovers for lunch today and some for the freezer. :j
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
  • edited 5 January 2019 at 11:07AM
    lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 January 2019 at 11:07AM
    Loving all your champagne moments. Thanks for sharing.

SUgarbaby - your cinema ticket sounds like a great bargain, looking forward to your film reviews. There's actually some very good films in the pipeline. Hoping to see "The Favourite" soon.

Well now I still don't feel 100 per cent. The nausea yesterday was dreadful but hopefully it seems a bit easier today. Going to go out for a walk to the local shop later, get some fresh air.

Tried to do some paperwork sorting yesterday but couldn't really concentrate. Managed to sort out my banking, pay my credit card, and sort out my budget for January. So far I haven't spent anything on food, I have been shopping from my stores. And today I only need milk and eggs so this week my grocery bill is going to be next to nothing. I have a full freezer and well stocked cupboards so hopefully I can have a cheap month.

I have set myself a food budget of £100 and an entertainment budget of £50 for January. Sounds meagre but I have a full freezer so it should be doable. . I'm going to see the Andr! Rieu thing tomorrow but that's already paid for. So the £50 fun budget should be plenty.

Anyway, it's just a fun challenge to help me refill the coffers and build up my savings.

By Reducing my food and entertainment spends and not buying any clothing for a while I should really start to reap the benefits quite quickly.

Not been well enough to start the big declutter, hopefully next week.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • butterfly2507butterfly2507 Forumite
    293 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Started my iron pill medication 2 days ago (have to take them every other day) and boy do I feel nauseous. It's normal apparently but given the fact OH and I wanted to go to the movies this evening ... I might not make it through and fall asleep half way in :rotfl:

I do however feel a bit more energetic so that's a good sign! :T
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • warby68warby68 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of you lessonlearned as I browsed for a bed linen refresh.

Perhaps not exactly lemonade budget, more like Prosecco v Champagne :) but Laura Ashley have some rather nice all white sets with good reductions - in particular Josie with 55/60% off. Can vouch for the quality.

I may have bought the odd thing or two in the sale ;)
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started my iron pill medication 2 days ago (have to take them every other day) and boy do I feel nauseous. It's normal apparently but given the fact OH and I wanted to go to the movies this evening ... I might not make it through and fall asleep half way in :rotfl:

I do however feel a bit more energetic so that's a good sign! :T

Butterfly apologies for not having time today to check back on your posts re: iron, but were you told to eat/drink/take vitamin C with the iron, it helps the absorption of it. Juice, fruit or chewable/solvable tablets, any of them would help. The same applies when eating iron rich foods if your levels need boosting.

Also, there are several different forms of iron, doctors normally prescribe the cheapest ferrous sulphate which is well know for upsetting the tum, but there are other types available in suitable strengths depending on the levels you need.

Hope you get to enjoy the cinema.

(Not medical advice, for that you need to consult medics, but dietary info which is available in books, on line etc.)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warby68 wrote: »
    Thinking of you lessonlearned as I browsed for a bed linen refresh.

Perhaps not exactly lemonade budget, more like Prosecco v Champagne :) but Laura Ashley have some rather nice all white sets with good reductions - in particular Josie with 55/60% off. Can vouch for the quality.

I may have bought the odd thing or two in the sale ;)

Good for you, sounds fab.
  • butterfly2507butterfly2507 Forumite
    293 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Butterfly apologies for not having time today to check back on your posts re: iron, but were you told to eat/drink/take vitamin C with the iron, it helps the absorption of it. Juice, fruit or chewable/solvable tablets, any of them would help. The same applies when eating iron rich foods if your levels need boosting.

Also, there are several different forms of iron, doctors normally prescribe the cheapest ferrous sulphate which is well know for upsetting the tum, but there are other types available in suitable strengths depending on the levels you need.

Hope you get to enjoy the cinema.

(Not medical advice, for that you need to consult medics, but dietary info which is available in books, on line etc.)

Thank you for your advice! Yes I've read up on it on the internet (literally spent the last two days doing so) and drank a huge glass of juice this morning - with the pill of course. I had to eat something with it too since my body does NOT do well with taking pills on an empty stomach. I did take a little nap when I felt too nauseous and it's okay now! Maybe I was just lacking sleep, who knows.

You're right, I got the cheapest one. Maybe because I don't need as much (only every other day and only for 2 months - well technically 4 since I don't take them as often!)? It might also be the fact that I only took 2 so far and my body is still adjusting to it. But if you have any tips please let me know :beer:
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o