PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I want to lose more weight in the new year. I'm going to start exercising as well. I need to go to the doctor next week to get antibiotics to get rid of this stupid cough but I will start after that.

I sent off for a free magazine ages ago and it's just arrived. I'm going to give myself a facial and read it in the bath tomorrow.
    Ocado take back carrier bags (up to 99) from any of the supermarkets for recycling and give you 5p off your delivery for each one :)

I only have a very occasional delivery (when they’ve sent me a tempting enough discount code and free delivery offer), but I save any bags I have to give to the driver then.

Yes, Ocado are good for that.:)
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I thought i'd posted earlier in the thread but can't seem to find it!
    I am loving following this. I personally make it my business to make the pennies stretch as far as they can. But like the nice things in life too.

We are making the most of the twisxtmas brek as my husband is off work and so am I until the 6th January :)
    Today started with making a start on clearing out the loft. There are things in there that have been there since my daughter was a baby - she is now 22! Several tips to the tip later, and we are making headway.
    We took a few bags of clothing that had been up in the loft since the year dot to the weigh-in place and came back with £15. Result!
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My joys today are starting to feel really refreshed after catching up on sleep before returning to work on Monday.

Reading through this thread whilst making plans. Love actually on in the background.
  • hopefuldebtfree
    Options
    Today's Champagne moment was in the form of a gorgeous purse for my Auntie's birthday present but with a lovely 50% off promo code made it a lemonade budget moment.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    My joys today are starting to feel really refreshed after catching up on sleep before returning to work on Monday.

Reading through this thread whilst making plans. Love actually on in the background.

I'd literally kill for a good night's sleep at the mo :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Just a quickie to give you a heads up..........Sainsbury's have their 50% off homewares. Some great bargains.

, I bought a lovely plain white Egyptian cotton duvet cover set, trimmed with lace, I only ever buy white and only ever in the sale.

For anyone needing to buy cookware They also had their Le Crueset lookielike cookware at half price. Burnt orange or cream. Also some nice saucepans, bakeware etc. I didn't buy any cookware because I don't really need anything this time round.

I stocked up on some yellow sticker goodies for the freezer and I used my £4.50 off voucher to treat myself to a nice big scented candle.

Still got plenty of candles actually.......but seriously, a girl can never have too many candles....:rotfl:

Champagne moment for the day.......noticed an old orchid plant is full of buds and looks like it is going to flower again.

Time for lunch and a rest, my knee is giving me gyp again.

Oh, good timing, LL.

Our lasagne dish has a big crack and probably would collapse with if laden. I also need some new pillowcases, as OH tends to starch his head or something and leaves spots of blood on them. Only like heavy Egyptian cotton, though.

I might pop there this morning.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    I'd literally kill for a good night's sleep at the mo :(

It makes such a difference, after two sleepless nights with poorly GD I had 8 hours last night and feel so much better. Sleep deprivation is definitely torture.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    It makes such a difference, after two sleepless nights with poorly GD I had 8 hours last night and feel so much better. Sleep deprivation is definitely torture.

The sleep fairies must have heard me yesterday, as I slept quite well last night .It makes such a massive difference to how I feel , even pain wise :o
    Hope you're GD is better asap xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    So glad you got a good sleep Candygirl.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 December 2018 at 1:09PM
    Options
    What I thought would be a Champagne moment turned into an epic fail.

Yesterday I stumbled on an app called TooGoodToGo. The premise is interesting, it shows cafes and restaurants in your area that have a surplus of still good, fresh food at the end of the day, and they sell it off at half price through the app.

I was delighted to have found a very fancy French bakery/patisserie doing this only a few minutes walk from my home.

At first I invested £3.50 thinking I'll get some bread, then goaded by my DD I added another £3.50. For £7 I would be able to get £14 worth of goods.

I got:

1 loaf of Rye Levain bread (FAIL; I make my own sourdough so this was unnecessary)
    1 loaf of gluten free Alsacien bread (FAIL; I don't need to be gluten-free)
    3 almond croissants (partial FAIL. I aim to feed my adult children a highly nutritious breakfast when they're here - they eat so much junk in their day to day lives! But if my family enjoy them, in spite of being unhealthy, they're ok as a rare treat)
    1 pain aux raisins (as above, but for DH - he needs to indulge occasionally, in between lentil stews and worthy salads!)
    1 custard brioche (MAHOOOOOSIVE FAIL) Stodge and CUSTARD for breakfast, just what I needed to feel a bit more cr*p after the overindulgence of Christmas! I didn't even enjoy it much.

Conclusion: not everything that looks like Champagne IS Champagne!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback