Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget. - Page 57

New Post Advanced Search

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

edited 11 November 2018 at 12:35PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.6K replies 472.1K views

Replies

• ancientmumancientmum Forumite
    273 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Almost Happy New Year everyone!
    Not doing any celebrations tonight, but DS1 and his family are coming for a meal tomorrow, when the prosecco (a Christmas gift from my sister) will be flowing..,
    The weather is supposed to be good, so we will go for a walk along the seafront, to blow away some of the cobwebs.
    If life is a journey, I want comfy shoes :

Grocery Challenge 2020: £1102.97/1500 yearly spend
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :j:j:j HAPPY NEW YEAR:dance::dance::dance:

Hello Everyone. Hope you all had a fabulous NYE. - however you decided to celebrate.

I went to a lovely family party, bringing in the New Year with the people who mean the most to me, my fab sons, their lovely women, my gorgeous 6 month old grandson, and my DILs sister. A mixture of English and Spanish traditions, some nice nibbles and a few bubbles, Perfick. And........for the first time in the 4 and half years since my husband died I did not shed a NYE tear. A leap forward.

I am feeling positive and optimistic - the dark days are finally behind me and I am looking forward to happier times.

Each year I choose a word which becomes my mantra for the forthcoming year.

This year my word is "PANACHE".

I shall aim to imbue everything I do with style and flair. I may have more dash than cash but by Jimeney I can still be chic and live a life of elegant simplicity and add a few luxury touches here and there.

Just because I'm skint doesn't mean I have to wear a hair shirt, not when I can make it a silk one from a chazzer. :rotfl:

Have a fabulous day everyone.

I am quite tired after the celebrations last night so I shall be spending mine quietly, just pottering about, maybe watch a couple of nice movies and back to simple healthy eating. I am going to have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for brunch and Chicken Ciacatore for supper.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Wishing you all the very best for 2019. May all your hopes, dreams and wishes come true.
  • butterfly2507butterfly2507 Forumite
    293 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU LOVELY PEOPLE :beer::j

Excited to see what the New Year brings (budget and champagne wise) :D
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone :D
    Had a quiet night in last night with the Furnutters. The fireworks were on n off from about 8pm!!! , so dosed them up with Kalms tablets , n put Madness on full blast which settled them :rotfl:
    Hope you've not got sore heads :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LL, that's a very god start to the year, full of optimism and a gorgeous grandson.

Our FaceTimed us on the dot of midnight, 7 pm for them, settling down with popcorn for a movie night.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda to you all!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone.

• jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year Caronc inspired by you I will be living on £1,000 a month from now until I go back to work in April. I should be apprehensive but actually looking forward to it. :)

That’s more than I have to live on any month! :rotfl:
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • That’s more than I have to live on any month! :rotfl:

That's far more than 2 of us live on a month!:rotfl: Luckily we don't have champagne tastes and live quite well on a lemonade budget.
    #77 Make 2019 in 2019 £164.04 / £2019
    Weight loss challenge#11 5 lb
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luckily we don't have champagne tastes and live quite well on a lemonade budget.

Ditto :)
    Admittedly, things would be easier if I didn’t still have the mortgage to pay, and the Council Tax takes a sizeable chunk, but I manage pretty well :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's far more than 2 of us live on a month!:rotfl: Luckily we don't have champagne tastes and live quite well on a lemonade budget.
    I guess it depends on our commitments and outgoings. We are all different.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.