Affordable mobiles

Options
13»

Comments

• ZeeWW
    Options
    I felt it necessary to join this forum to let people know about the appalling practices Affordable Mobiles have undertaken!

I ordered a Black Friday deal of a iPhone XR and I was told by Affordable Mobiles that my order had failed due to Vodafone's credit checks. I independently checked my credit rating and it was fine (highest score possible). I called Vodafone to discuss the matter and I was politely told by Vodafone what the issue was with Affordable Mobiles before I even had to explain it - they were already aware of many complaints regarding failed credit check emails from Affordable Mobiles.

Vodafone confirmed I had passed their checks and gave me a credit vet reference number and a BAN number as evidence of this. They informed me that Affordable Mobiles had erroneously placed a failed credit flag on my account, as they were unable to fulfil their order, due to high demand.

I would go as far to say Affordable Mobiles practices are illegal.

I am concerned I now have a negative credit flag against me. I have tried to contact Affordable Mobiles and they are ignoring my communications.

Any advice on how to address this would be welcomed.
  • Mr.Saver
    Mr.Saver Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46388467

Maybe related to your issue?

My advise is, try to contact them by phone, don't use online forms or emails as you don't get timely reply for those communications.
  • ZeeWW
    Options
    @Mr.Saver thanks for the link. Very interesting! Vodafone were clear I had passed their credit checks and placed the blame firmly with Affordable Mobile. Vodafone said they had many identical complaints re Affordable Mobile customers having the email saying Vodafone had rejected their credit application and this was not the case.

I have tried to call Affordable Mobiles and I am placed in a queue for 45 mins and then the line goes dead.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't force any company to do business with you. If Affordable Mobiles had no stock then they weren't in a position to supply you.

Where is this Failed Credit flag? If it's on your VF account then VF should be able to remove it. AFAIAA, no CRA keeps records of credit check outcomes.

If you want to discuss it further with Affordable Mobiles, your options are to keep trying by phone, write or email.

Getting through by phone is almost always easier (with most companies) if you try when the lines open.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2018 at 5:44PM
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    You can't force any company to do business with you.
    Yes, but there is no need to take an order first and then to lie about some some failed third party credit check. They can do their own scoring instantly and reject the order straight away.
    If Affordable Mobiles had no stock then they weren't in a position to supply you.
    If you are OOS, stop taking orders and telling lies later . As simple as that.
  • Lynn_Lord
    Options
    Hello.exactly the same thing has happened to me I am taking this further .
  • waterhouse_melons
    Options
    Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.
    I have a contract with Vodafone, purchased through affordable mobiles. It's a £20 contract where I have to send in my vodafone bills on random occasions along with slips of paper to claim £90 cashback at the end of my contract - bringing the final cost to around £12 a month.
    Since the rules for cashback are all over the place, and they only take these via post, I knew from the off this would happen. They have said they haven't received my latest collection of bills and cashback claim. The thing is, they push for things to be sent recorded delivery (which is totally inconvenient for someone with a full time job).
    Instead, I took photos of all the bills, including the cashback slip along with a photo where I am posting the letter for when this sort of thing was bound to happen.
    I called earlier today to chase the status of cashback and they blissfully say 'oh we haven't received anything' *wink wink nudge nudge*
    What should I do next?
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stopping pretending it's a scam is the first thing to do. It clouds your judgement.

Then raise a complaint, resupplying the paperwork (not pictures of you standing by a post box) and have the error corrected.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    As you've discovered, you've chosen the worse company to deal with. However, if you folow the groundrules you can force them to pay up. I NEVER sent rd when I used them (for several contracts). SO:-

1) ALWAYS send as soon as the bill is available - nowadays you have a whole 60 days to claim so you have plenty of time should they start playing games.

2) If they don't acknowledge receipt in a week, send again (or give a few more days).

3) Ultimately if all else fails send rd - I never did.

4) Once they have either acknowledged receipt OR you have rd evidence you are safe (provided they don't go bust - they have been going for many years). At that point send a LBA as soon as they are outside the time permitted in their t&c to pay up. I have done that lots of times with them and other dealers - including CPW.

5) If they still don't pay up in the time allowed in your LBA, issue proceedings. The only time that fails in such cirmcumstances is when they go bust.

Of course, all this assumes you know what you're doing (even having to ask suggests you're not as thorough and ruthless as you should be) in terms of which bills to send etc.

Next time go to Mobilephonesdirect; you'll find a completelt different experience, when you can claim on-line, acceptance is within minutes and payment direct into your bank account in days.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure