Old Orange 'Out here' package being cancelled

Options

Comments

• acepaul
    acepaul Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    The guy I just spoke to in executive customer care team understands it.

Doesn’t matter what the ‘item’ is or how long you had it, the fact that somebody owns it and someone has took it away, as a “business decision”

What would you say and do if the guy from ford came to your house and took away YOUR model t ford your great great grandfather brought in 1901

Saying “it’s a business decision” then no matter who you rung, emailed or tweeted there not interested!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2019 at 2:33PM
    Options
    acepaul wrote: »

That's because he's paid to humour people on the basis of "the customer is always right". Think I'd go look for another job in their shoes.
  • acepaul
    Options
    If customer is always right, why did we even talk about it.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Doesn’t matter what the ‘item’ is or how long you had it, the fact that somebody owns it and someone has took it away, as a “business decision”

What would you say and do if the guy from ford came to your house and took away YOUR model t ford your great great grandfather brought in 1901

Saying “it’s a business decision” then no matter who you rung, emailed or tweeted there not interested!

Well if he simply "brought" it from Ford it sounds like he never owned it because he didn't buy it so it may be perfectly legal for Ford to take it back.

But you must realise that buying a service is very different than owning a physical object.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

A more correct analogy would be buying a lifetime membership to a club and the club then closing down ten years later.
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    If customer is always right, why did we even talk about it.

Because you're always right, naturally. They will go along with whatever you think or want to talk about. I expect you find that a lot.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 April 2019 at 11:53PM
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Orange as a company still exists, it’s Orange UK that no longer exists.

The plc holding company no longer exists, but the original company does exist:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02178917
  • acepaul
    Options
    Correct, do your research and you find a active correct phone number for director, ring it he identified himself then hangs up on you, once you identify yourself this happened more than once. So much for “it’s good to talk” clearly not a “hard nosed business man”

Email him, either of his email address, ignores you.

Bit I find funny got an automated reply saying “out the office, no access to email “

So here they have these super fast expensive mobile phones and they still can’t get 24/7 access to them!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    The plc holding company no longer exists, but the original company does exist:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02178917
    Nature of business (SIC)

99999 - Dormant Company

Not trading, assets of £66...

594-C980-A-ECC9-4708-934-A-CBEFBFCD9097.jpg
    ====
  • acepaul
    Options
    It’s more likely that companies house asked for sales figures and that man who is named just hung up on them all the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure