Help - Virgin have really let us down!

Options

Comments

• Skibunny40
    Options
    Cross posted with Westin - glad it's not just me that doesn't understand!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Okay
    All was well until last week we received an email from Virgin saying that the return flight from Barbados (back to UK) was cancelled, giving us two options:

1.) Cancel and get a full refund
    2.) Push the holiday back by a day

So Virgin's first suggestion was to delay the holiday bu one day. That is what the OP is referring to as causing a change to plans for NY.

After talking to Virgin they have now suggested to keep the original dates but add on a day at the end at a cost of £325 which the OP objects to having to pay due to Virgin changing flights
  • NicAdams16
    Options
    Yes that is right, but Virgin only offered that after we challenged the original offer of push the entire holiday back one day (which incurs fees for cancelling JetBlue) or cancel and get a refund. Yes the extra day in Barbados sorts the issue with flight from NY to Barbados, but why should we pay anything for what is virgin problem (cancelled flight)?

Yes £325 isn’t a lot in the grand scheme but me and my partner have scrimped and saved for this and we haven’t budgeted for £325 more. It’s got to come from somewhere, spending money likely, so we have an extra day in Barbados with no money to spend.... sounds fab!
  • NicAdams16
    NicAdams16 Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2018 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Thanks Sheramber, spot on!!!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    NicAdams16 wrote: »
    Yes that is right, but Virgin only offered that after we challenged the original offer of push the entire holiday back one day (which incurs fees for cancelling JetBlue) or cancel and get a refund. Yes the extra day in Barbados sorts the issue with flight from NY to Barbados, but why should we pay anything for what is virgin problem (cancelled flight)?

Yes £325 isn’t a lot in the grand scheme but me and my partner have scrimped and saved for this and we haven’t budgeted for £325 more. It’s got to come from somewhere, spending money likely, so we have an extra day in Barbados with no money to spend.... sounds fab!
    That makes sense now.

What is the cost to change the jet blue flight . If that’s less than £325 that may be an option and even get Virgin to contribute.

I wouldn’t mind spending a day in Barbados without spending money..are you AI by any chance
  • NicAdams16
    Options
    Its £150pp plus the increase in cost of flights, it’s about the same as the cost for the extra night.

But as I say, why should we suffer for Virgins error?
  • photome
    Options
    NicAdams16 wrote: »
    Its £150pp plus the increase in cost of flights, it’s about the same as the cost for the extra night.

But as I say, why should we suffer for Virgins error?

It’s is not great but as I said in my first reply, flights get changed/ cancelled all the time.

Is there a flight from Barbados on your original leaving date that Virgin could put you on. With it being a package I am not sure if they have to.

Are you AI in Barbados if so the lack of spending money is irrelevant and I know you don’t want to spend any extra money but it Is half price. Just thinking out loud but Is it really £750 a night:eek:
  • photome
    Options
    What do you want Virgin to do
  • NicAdams16
    NicAdams16 Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2018 at 9:56PM
    Options
    Agree flights can be changed/cancelled, but this is a complete change of date. Surely you can’t just tell a customer to ‘suck it up’ and pay when this happens. Again it’s virgin who have caused the issue, not us so why should we be out of pocket at all?

Yes we are AI in barbs, but not in NY so we’d lose out there. We also booked premium economy on the way home, so not sure if virgin could do that. There is another spanner for the works :rotfl:

Yeah it’s pricey! As I said, once in a lifetime!
  • NicAdams16
    Options
    I think they should foot the cost for the additional night
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills