Incorrect Financial Associations on Credit Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
1 reply 316 views
pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
1.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
I signed up for the MSE Credit Club and most things look okay except the financial associations.

There are 15 associations in 2 groups.

One is my wife's name with the right date of birth that has 3 records, one is my wife's name with the wrong date of birth (1929 so not even close) and it has 12 records.

When I click through for more information it has various different ways of spelling my wife's name and her date of birth, some correct and some incorrect, sometimes the same birth month, sometimes not even close.

I queried this with Experian who contacted the financial institutions and they have replied saying the associations are accurate even though they are not.

Does it matter, and if so what can I do about it?

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would depend how the different institutions hold her name. Eg - if her name is Annie Hilda Jones, she may have applied to some as Annie Jones, others Annie H Jones, A H Jones, etc etc. They may all be correct.

DOB should be corrected but that again may be the way that particular company holds it so she would need to ensure it is accurate with them. If this is the case, then raise a dispute about it as they may have mismatched with another person of a different generation.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals