PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. Fell off the wagon a little in October so onward to November with £320 again please xxx
  • Doglover
    Doglover Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! I wonder if I could join please?

I have been following for the last month or so but feel participation would my focus further!

Could I be put down for £400 please?

I’ve got half a freezer full but not a huge amount left in cupboard stock.

Ooops eta - I will run the calendar month
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Going to have to sit this one out, I suspect! I'll be aiming for £400 but will have very little control as I won't be the one doing the shopping or cooking for a fair bit of it. I'll do my best to keep track but that'll only work if The Family will play ball, and things are bound to be a bit chaotic. Luckily we do have resources to fall back on - in cash terms as well as in the store cupboards & freezer - so the world won't end if I fail. But do please forgive me if I join in with the discussion from time to time!
    Angie - GC April 24 £532.07/£480 - oops: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread @elsiepac. Can you please put me down for €300 again? This will last from November 1st to 30th and will cover vegetarian OH and me. I'm going to attempt to throw a Thanksgiving dinner for my friends here with that budget too so let's see how that goes. :)
    Going to have to sit this one out, I suspect! I'll be aiming for £400 but will have very little control as I won't be the one doing the shopping or cooking for a fair bit of it. I'll do my best to keep track but that'll only work if The Family will play ball, and things are bound to be a bit chaotic. Luckily we do have resources to fall back on - in cash terms as well as in the store cupboards & freezer - so the world won't end if I fail. But do please forgive me if I join in with the discussion from time to time!

@thriftwizard please do stick around and chime in periodically. I love hearing about your adventures with your menagerie and other fun things you have going on! It's one of the bright spots in the thread. :)
  • luckofthe_irish
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Deffo joining in again but having to up my budget slightly this month as I have my parents coming to stay for a week to celebrate my graduation and it is fair to say they are not on board with the MSE life haha!

So please put me down for £140 for the 25th October - 25th November and I will see if I can keep as close to my usual £125 as I can!
    Trying to make my way on my MSE adventure.. Debt free since June 2018:j

December GC £32.58/£130
    November GC £101.14/£135 :: another month under budget! :: another m
    Emergency Fund £104.77/£1000:(
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Elsiepac.

Please put me down for £120, starting 1st November. We may have a couple of Pounds left from the October budget that I'll add later on but we're pretty much back on track now.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 October 2018 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Thanks Elsiepac for November thread, can you drop me to £150 please, sorry if not red can't do colour on this stupid tablet, I know I will need dog food for £50 but fridge and freezer stock still high, away Budapest until 8th, and will need to save money to buy a new tablet as this one will surely end in the bin soon.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Hi,

Could you please add me for
    £300

This i’ve Upped as it’s a 5 week month for us and I would like to give a chance of hitting a target. That’s £60 a week which is just for OH and I, and includes toiletries, alcohol and cleaning products.

Hopefully I can stay under and include some extra bits ready for Christmas to put away.

I shopped on Sunday so we have quite a lot in meal wise so we shall see. Maybe not need to spend too much this week ( heard that before !)
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all the budgets so far guys!

Budgets updated to here

I haven't committed to a budget just yet as I get paid tomorrow and I'm not sure what I'll have where. On the one hand my pay will contain the most amount of overtime I've done in one month yet (I think 60 odd hours!) but on the other hand I have a LOT of stuff to pay, so just hoping I get a decent budget!

Making a little resolution for November - firstly to post on here more regularly to make myself a bit more accountable, and secondly to actually try really hard to stick to budget.

I will need an Ocado shop for a few cleaning bits, which I'll bulk out with cupboard staples as I usually get a £10 voucher and take advantage of deals where they are of financial benefit. So that will be £40-£50 depending on what vouchers I get.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi folks

Please can I go down for £300 again for November? Every penny is having to earn its keep at the moment, so I HAVE to keep under budget! I've definitely gone over for October, so will be shopping more from the cupboards and freezer for the next 6 weeks or so!!

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business