Hazelnutty's New Start

Options

Comments

• killerpeaty
    Options
    I love the lights! They're like my mum's (which are up all year long for about 3 or 4 years now) and they give such a lovely light when they're on. Did not know that command strips had those, I might look into getting some for my lights when I put them up.

@themadvix Do you have similar ones?
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No KP, the wires would get chewed by our naughty Ginger cat; we don’t even get to have a proper tree because he’d chew them on that! They look lovely though.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Hazelnutty
    Options
    I put the lights waaaay up out of feline reach as we have the same problem! Our Christmas tree is now a fake one about 5 inches tall that we put up on a very high inaccessible shelf each year as very much a token effort.  It's a shame as I've amassed a lot of homemade (mostly DD's toddler efforts) and one-off gifted ornaments which it'd be nice to put out but no chance with our two.
    Choose kind:)
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    September report
    Food: £328.70/£300 (Probably DD's birthday to blame there so it's fine :) )
    Non-food £46.25/£50
    Fuel: £23.89/£100
    Ents: £178.64/£175
    OP: £30.83 (TTs/Pr0lific) + £31.83 regular OP
    Not a bad month overall. Bit of a cheat in that I've pushed a few small spends onto my personal spends account but it's not much of a misdemeanour in the grand scheme of things!

October plan
    Shuffled to my 15 (!) virtual pots: £352 total (this is much lower than normal but I'm prioritising the house renovation fund and so everything else has been stripped right back)
    Shuffled to house pots: £500 to NSI (keeping it until the rate drops in November - it'll be almost entirely spent by then anyway!) + £500 to virtual house pot.
    Shuffled to safety net account: £150 (target £15k)
    OPing my credit cards too by just under £175 across the three cards. Doesn't affect my budgeting but helps spread out the odd overspend.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great figures Hazelnutty and so glad it’s not just my cats who can’t be trusted!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Figures are great, and the lights look terrific!  Thanks for posting ... I might dig out my plain white Christmas lights :):):)   Got the linkie to the article, will read that later.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good grief, thats *really* tough, I'm sorry to hear it.  But your mum's right about not living with a time bomb :(  Can you not stay in the car rather than keep circling about the cafes?  Best of luck, no matter what, thats really hard :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rugbymadfamily
    Options
    That is so tough, what a pain - what is i with bodge pipe work? My husband tried to replace our bathroom tap at the weekend (simple job - he's relatively good at DIY) but because the previous owners had done some ridiculous pipe work, it became overly complicated and removing it resulted in more leaks from other parts! Your mum is right though, at least discovered now before all the other work is done. Fingers crossed for your Christmas deadline! 
    Current mortgage (1 Jun 2022): £289,501 - originally £351,999 got to love London sized mortgages!
    OP Goal 2022 = 3.75% in OPs: £6,975 / £13,200
    Emergency Fund Target: 3 months saved ✅

• Hazelnutty
    Options
    Thanks, Karma and Rugbymad. I need a space to set up my laptop and wifi so the car won't cut it unfortunately. We did go to 4 cafes, all felt very safe and we could tuck away on a table and keep to ourselves. I don't think I've ever been so full of tea though! Who knows why people bodge - it's such a false economy. Builders are still excavating the garden, tracing pipework and any spare space is being covered by lumps of concrete and clods of clayey soil. 

Cashout of £8.55 from Pr0lific today plus someone paid me on Paypal for the FB sale (that was subject to a fee so I lost 45p/£5) but at least I could transfer £13 straight into my TT pot and get my new pay month off to a good start.

What's not so good is getting all spendy on ents money for the cafe tour yesterday followed by takeaway. Hey ho. As long as all my cc spend is under the monthly target, it doesn't much matter.

Tomorrow is meter move day! Builder has asked if we're doing party hats and balloons to celebrate. Might just do that an' all. DD is staying at her dad's tonight as the prospect of not having power for 40 mins before school is apparently too much to countenance! Weather has turned here but hoping to get my turn around the local park in before dinner.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure