NatWest £125 switching bonus

Options

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I want to take advantage of this NatWest offer. However, because I will be leaving First direct I will be eligible for £100 "leaving gift" as I'm not happy with the service.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get both of these deals by carrying out the move? I'm thinking it may not be as First Direct would need to initiate the 'leave'.

Thanks
    Chris

I haven't had any personal experience with FD, but from what I've read you need to talk to FD customer service and tell them you are "dissatisfied" and will be switching away - no need for them to initiate anything, so I suspect you should be able to take advantage of the switch offer this way. Personally, I'd consider staying with FD just for the 5% regular saver if nothing else...
  • Tawny_Owl_2
    Options
    I thought I'd switch my RBS current account to NatWest. :cool:
    I've already carpetbagged £100 by switching TO RBS earlier this year, and NatWest told me that switching from RBS would still qualify for the £125 even though their parent companies are the same.

However, RBS outsource another company to check your ID (called HooYu or something ?) Not only does this company want you to upload a photo ID document (eg. Passport or Driving Licence) but they want you to upload a selfie as well.

Sorry....this is going a bit too far. There's enough public data available to NatWest, and they should be able to share data with RBS because they're the same bloody company. :mad:

Yes, security is very important but personal photographs to me are too intrusive just to open a bank account.

So I'm gonna give this one a miss and switch to Halifax instead, whom I already have a cash ISA with.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    I'm weighing up my option at present, Natwest, RBS or M&S will be my next account, Natwest might edge it as it is the easiest.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    I'm weighing up my option at present, Natwest, RBS or M&S will be my next account, Natwest might edge it as it is the easiest.

Switching incentive ends on 03 Dec, so you might want to be quick then!
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options

Which one?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    Which one?
    The one you said you were leaning towards:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#natwestswitch
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tawny_Owl wrote: »
    Yes, security is very important but personal photographs to me are too intrusive just to open a bank account.

What do you think is on your passport.....?
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Ryan1994
    Options
    Hi,

I completed the application for rbs select account on Wed 28th using an old nationwide account for the switch. They emailed and texted today wanting me to upload pics of either my driving licence or passport and e-sign the agreement which I completed tonight. I know the deadline is the 3rd of December for the incentive, my account most likely won’t have switched over by then as the process only began once my docs were uploaded, if it passes the 3rd of December will I still be eligible for the incentive as I completed the application prior to the deadline?

Thanks
    Ryan :)
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ryan1994 wrote: »
    Hi,

I completed the application for rbs select account on Wed 28th using an old nationwide account for the switch. They emailed and texted today wanting me to upload pics of either my driving licence or passport and e-sign the agreement which I completed tonight. I know the deadline is the 3rd of December for the incentive, my account most likely won’t have switched over by then as the process only began once my docs were uploaded, if it passes the 3rd of December will I still be eligible for the incentive as I completed the application prior to the deadline?

Thanks
    Ryan :)

Yes you only need to have applied for the account by 3rd December. The other criteria need to be completed by 7th January.
  • Ryan1994
    Options
    Thanks Ed-1!

First time switching like this, thought it was worth it for a free £125! Hopefully they don’t need me to attend a branch, as I live in Northern Ireland :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure