NatWest £125 switching bonus

Options

Comments

• Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Why is it NatWest's fault if you gave the wrong account number?

Hi. I am with Santander Bank. They give you 2 cards. A Visa one and a basic cash card. Each has their own account number. They both have 090127 as the sort code. I gave the new bank the Visa debit account number. This was rejected by Santander as it is the secondary account.

That operator was out of order and made it seem like the £125 was her money.
  • Woolco
    Options
    Hi Woolco, no sure how you got it so wrong You gave them the wrong account number?

My application, and many many others went thorough just fine, not so rubbish for most . . :beer:

Hi. Thanks for reply. My application went through fine too. A little madam at the bank decided I was not due my switch incentive. I have rung back and spoke to direct banking and made a complaint.

He said he is puzzled by this and as I am new customer the bank has not created a good impression.
  • Woolco
    edited 17 October 2018 at 12:36AM
    Options
    deadendwaterfall

EarthBoy

northwales

harz99

These users should feel ahsamed for thanking a post above.

Explain why you thanked that post please.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,172 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »

Because the poster is talking sense, unlike you.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »

What northwalesd said.
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    With my Barclays switching mule, I've received my account number and sort code but no card yet, but I've already applied for a NatWest account and given them the details of my Barclays switching mule when asking to switch from another account. Have I done this too early?
    :o
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Nothing wrong with applying for a switching dummy account with another bank just to then switch it (just avoid calling it a mule account, as this has money laundering connotations).

You might have switched too early though - you need the debit card number and I recall the switch form saying it would fail if the account had a debit card but you said it didn't, or didn't enter the card number.
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    Nothing wrong with applying for a switching dummy account with another bank just to then switch it (just avoid calling it a mule account, as this has money laundering connotations).

You might have switched too early though - you need the debit card number and I recall the switch form saying it would fail if the account had a debit card but you said it didn't, or didn't enter the card number.
    So if it failed, could I try again once getting the debit card and then get the switching bonus if successful?
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    I'd wait and see what actually happens, the switch mifht go though anyway. I would imagine however that you'd be able to do exactly what you propose - If the switch failed, your donor account wouldn't be closed so you should be free to try again
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    I'd wait and see what actually happens, the switch mifht go though anyway. I would imagine however that you'd be able to do exactly what you propose - If the switch failed, your donor account wouldn't be closed so you should be free to try again
    I'm surprised NatWest didn't ask me for details of my income when applying though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport